10/12 NEO to SEO and Back

Tpoppa

A friend and I made that trip on Sunday. We started at 71/303 Bob Evan's for breakfast and headed south at 9am. Followed Rt83 south till we got past I70. We were going to go south to the river, but turned back north because of time. It warmed up to 65-ish and we got back to Strongsville at 5PM. A good ride for sure.

The nearly 600 lb VFR handles like a much lighter motorcycle.  You'd never guess it weighs that much once in motion thanks to a really well designed chassis and low CoG.  Still, in the back of my mind it seems wrong to stuff it into a tight 20-25 mph turn at speed and trust the front tire to grip.  I keep expecting it to understeer even though it's never slipped at all .  

Overall I'm very happy I bought the VFR12.  It's a MUCH more capable machine than the spec sheet indicates.  I just need some more seat time to build confidence.  Eventually it'll replace the CBR as my primary motorcycle.  

Yep, vfr12 was one heck of a motorcycle which didn't get the respect it deserved, I blame a part on the looks which took away majority crowd. It's slimmer then the 800, most who migrated say even more flickable than the 800. And the combo of medium weight and shaft drive is awesome. :)

If I ever let go of my 800 I will get a 1200 to replace plus.