Pre Happy Thug's Giving!!!

M_Quick

They can lay brick/block all winter, even down below freezing.  They'll add a little CaCl to the mortar to keep it warm and from freezing; it weakens it a bit, but you're just setting block, not pouring a foundation.  Should be good to go into the low 20s or even teens.

So I finally get the word, there going to start next Tuesday! My weather app shows low of 3 on Monday, and and hi Tues 19 with a low of 11. Should i tell these guys it better be tarped and heated? Or will just tossing some anti-freeze in the mix be good to go?  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I received the report from the 3rd party company about a week ago. They we're in agreement with me, that the work was done improperly. Then it took another week or so for them to come back out for another look at what it would take to not only fix the screw ups, but to finish the job as well. Then last night Allstate approved there estimate, and decided I could have a look at the estimate. Well there were a few things left off and a few things I wasn't sure of. So instead of going another week or two waiting to hash things out, I oppted to just cash out, and send the check to my mortgage co. The 2nd estimate was close to the original. My garage is far from done, but it's use able so, I'm bringing car home tomorrow. And will regroup after I get the check, back from mortgage co.

• 3 months later...

1st off I did receive the check for my garage. So now for that sad luck part on the car. 1st it went to the Italian body shop in Westerville, Oh. which was highly recommended. Car was there for 11 days, and then I was told to come get it, because he couldn't get the part for 6-8 weeks. I thought he had it when I dropped car off, since car was viewed along with est on 5/6/15 and he scheduled me back on 5/18 and said car would stay till it was done.  So to cut to the chase I took it to Krieger Ford where I bought it, because they are a Roush dealer and no where to order the bumper from which is more than I can say for the IBS. Anyways 6 weeks at the dealer, and I'm finally given the keys, and told to go collect estimates elsewhere an re contact to body shop manager next week! The insurance company has approved just over 5k in repairs for the car, currently Krieger is holding a 2 party check for just over 3k and I have one just over $1700. So money isn't a issue. Can anyone recommend a top quality body shop in Columbus area, that can restore this car to show room condition? The issues so far with Kriegers work, are a lot to mention. I'll try to brief, fender and hood not aligned, rear bumper loose and not aligned, orange peel affect here and there, when should be gloss finish, front stripes look like well shit, under spray under the hood, antenna bent, passenger door dinged.  

Striped look worse in person believe me 

20150731_173832_zpsvwyngwet.jpg

Check edge of hood above head light, for orange peel look!

20150731_174759_zpslbxjtclc.jpg

I had problems with kriegers bodyshop and I continued to escalate all the way up to the VP of the dealership... I left him a voicemail and he called me back the next day, didn't ask a single question, apologized and told me to bring the car in and they fixed everything for free... Ymmv

• 3 weeks later...

Krieger does not want to fix the car at this point. As per the body shop manager Rusty, he told my wife today that he called the ins. adjuster and told them to come pick up there check! 1st place i went to for a estimate, refused to to the work. This was a geico prefered shop, he said they didn't want involved at this point, and may have turn the car away in the 1st place. 2nd place didn't to painted strip work. I took it to another Ford dealer out of town, and was given a $4400 estimate to fix it. While there I had my car appraised as it sat, was sadly offered 10k. 

So once Krieger turns over there check, I will have two options per my ins. adjuster supervisor. (1) take to another shop and start all over. (2) they issue the check to me and the lien holder. So again does anybody know a top notch shop that can paint and stripe my car without flaws. Or somewhere I can get a decent price for my fbar painted Roush. Sadly I may be ready to part with it and start over.

Krieger does not want to fix the car at this point. As per the body shop manager Rusty, he told my wife today that he called the ins. adjuster and told them to come pick up there check! 1st place i went to for a estimate, refused to to the work. This was a geico prefered shop, he said they didn't want involved at this point, and may have turn the car away in the 1st place. 2nd place didn't to painted strip work. I took it to another Ford dealer out of town, and was given a $4400 estimate to fix it. While there I had my car appraised as it sat, was sadly offered 10k. 

So once Krieger turns over there check, I will have two options per my ins. adjuster supervisor. (1) take to another shop and start all over. (2) they issue the check to me and the lien holder. So again does anybody know a top notch shop that can paint and stripe my car without flaws. Or somewhere I can get a decent price for my fbar painted Roush. Sadly I may be ready to part with it and start over.

I know a guy. 2 hours north of C-bus tho. http://www.northcoastjetcleancollision.com/pictures.html

I know a guy. 2 hours north of C-bus tho. http://www.northcoastjetcleancollision.com/pictures.html

I hear good things about Achbach in Westerville...but I've never personally had any work done there

Thanks guys, I will check Achbach out today. The 2 hr shop is a bit far, especially if it ends up like the other stuff has, and I had to make multiple trips up there. 

I hear good things about Achbach in Westerville...but I've never personally had any work done there

Took the car up there this afternoon. They guy spent almost a hour looking the car over. Said it would take another hour to complete the estimate and offer to email it to me, or I could wait. Well I'm awaiting the email, lol. Turns out it's a high end foreign shop, stuff like Lamborghini, lotus, Bmw's ect. The guy guessed the estimate would be around 18k!

• 1 year later...

280086f4ed7b83421430fe52107a4ebe.jpg

So just throwing some salt on a not so old wound. Around 5pm today, I hear another load thoud. Go out side and discover yet another uninsured driver hit my atv trailer, moving it 3-4' and knocking it into my garage door. It would of been worse if I didn't have a tire boot on one side, a wheel chock on the other, and it chained to my fence dbl post. It still separated the fence and broke the tire boot.

And aparently the police don't care if you drive w/out insurance! This officer told me that it's just a BMV issue. And he let this guy drive away knowing he had no insurance.

So now I'm probably out around $250 for the garage door panel. Another $60 for fence. Tire boot was $49, And like $20 or so for new light kit for trailer. And the uninsured driver gets a ticket for anywhere from $20 to $150. Oh yeah he needs a new fender.

Kicker is he just bought van from a buy here pay here lot. All the lot requires when they sale you a car, is $300 down and a drivers license or temps!

Be hard to get it out when I wanna use it. I can't get the rest of my tire boot off now. It must of messed up the lock as well. I'm gonna try and drill out the lock tomorrow.

But I did plant some steel in the ground by side of garage.

The cop is right, it is a bmv issue and they will drop a big hammer on him. File a report with the BMV. He will get a six month mandatory suspension plus how ever long it takes him to make reasonable progress on restitution.

I have done this to two asshats. Its fun.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/bmv3303.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwig_Kv297DPAhUQziYKHdTOAC8QFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNFR5wwzj2_wd8HMftFLe809JtVtwA&sig2=KUvbbfaD4j5pUtLpV1GJfA