Two Week Ride West

HeavyDuty

In the planning stages for a 2 week bike trip out to the Black hills, Yellow Stone Park, and the Grand Tetons with a few other stops along the way shooting for some time in June

Edited by HeavyDuty

Depending on how far north you plan on wandering, you may find some of the higher elevation routes impassable still.  Of course, a lot depends on the harshness of the winter, but certainly roads like the Beartooth highway and Going-to-the-Sun highway usually don't open until late June-early July at the earliest.

Pics of Logan's Pass Visitor Center June 4, 2011 (helicopter flyover):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/glaciernps/5806258692/in/photostream/

Edited by Bubba

All ready looks like I will have to change the dates to leave June 10th and return June 21st so I already lost 3 days. I will probably run the same route out as we did for the SoreButtapalooza 1100 miles the first day. I want to spend about 3 days in the black hills area we missed a lot when we were there and that area is one of my top favorites. Then out to Yellowstone for 2 days and then two 900 mile super slab days home. I’d like to try the 1500 day on the way home but after the 1100 last year I had to look down to make sure my feet were on the ground at the hotel. I talked to all the hotel clerks at the hotels we stayed at they were only a little over half full so I may wing it and not make any reservations this time. The wife and I road this back in June of 77 Yellowstone still had over 6 feet of snow in the mountains but all of the roads were clear and dry.