OMRL 2015 - race all summer for $500

redkow97

You can't really look at a single lap, he could have a 58 for one lap and the rest be 1min flat range or slower. You really need to look at total time. Granted it appears that he would not be last but really close. Either way, moving up to expert isn't a big deal, just work on yourself and keep moving towards the front.

I did a total of 2 or fewer :58's as a novice.  If there were in fact 2, both of them were in the endurance race on the last day of the season.

My fast lap for this season was a :56.7 or so.   I have every intention of doing an entire race with all :55 and :56 second laps by the end of the 2015 season.  Maybe Devon and Gavin will break deeper into the :54's than they did this year, but I'm certainly going to try to keep pace with their progress, if not their lap times.

I am looking forward to this season! Got the thread a little off with some of the fun jabbing but in all seriousness get out this year and try this!! I know Todd, JB, Chris, or myself would be more than happy to have you in our pits and help in anyway that we can...Also don't let us big clowns scare you off from bringing your child to compete. If you have a boy or girl that is of age and is getting into racing then this is a great place to start. I am sure a lot of you have heard us throw the name Gavin around, a lot of you might not realize that he is 11 years old (maybe 12 now) and is whooping our butts out there. Seriously get out and try this!!

Edited by bowdog

I can confirm Gavin is in fact 12 now, but yeah, he was still beating us when he was 11...

If there are enough kids, I would be shocked if Kent didn't schedule them their own class, in addition to all the other classes they're eligible for. 

I don't think we've ever mentioned it on the forum, but you can also turn as many laps as you like after the race schedule ends for the day.  We have the track until pretty late, and tend to finish up early.  Most people are tired and pack up.  Some of us will mess around by trading bikes or turning laps in the other direction. (karts and bikes are NEVER on track at the same time)

that has the potential to be some of the most fun of the day, but it's such a long drive that we usually pack up and bounce right away.

Practice should feel the same way, in theory, but morning practice is always nerve-racking for me for some reason.  I never feel right on the bike first thing in the morning.  By the end of the day, I'm up to speed, and ready to just go out and have fun.