Let's talk about zero turn mowers!

max power

The mansion referance was aimed toward Tonic's plowing snow at his kids house with a zero turn. I understand your position.....Best bang for the buck. I mow an acre and have a Z-Force Cub Cadet. 44". It has served me well for 12 years. I have a buddy that has a landscape business with mowing crews consisting mainly of high school kids. Cuts both residential and business customers. They cut from sun up to sundown,rain or shine 6 days a week during the season. What he found works the best for him are Toro zturns and walk behinds. If you are going the commercial route with only 2 acres that machine will last your lifetime with proper care.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a used zturn. I demoed and/or borrowed different makes before buying a Ferris. I have slopes/hills and a couple ponds and the full suspension seemed to hang very well. It was definitely more comfortable than the others (exmark-toro / scag / John Deere 975 )

If buying new was an option I may have went with the scag as it stuck on the hills better than all of them.

The pioneer series of exmark seemed to be a very nice compromise of quality and value for smaller yards/residential use.

On a side note, it cut my mowing time almost in half

Less time mowing = more time riding

Sent from [emoji631] on my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been great cruising craigslist all day looking at walk behind with velkes. I have been mowing the grass with one of these and the former owner keeps telling me I need one because of the wetness in the low spots. It seems this property doesn't dry out very fast in certain areas and the weight of the zero turn might sink in it.

All I know is I got a pull the trigger very soon on something.

I've been great cruising craigslist all day looking at walk behind with velkes. I have been mowing the grass with one of these and the former owner keeps telling me I need one because of the wetness in the low spots. It seems this property doesn't dry out very fast in certain areas and the weight of the zero turn might sink in it.

All I know is I got a pull the trigger very soon on something.

Having been here at Corp for 5+ all they use are velke's on their walk behinds, you don't even see zero turns for the same reason you mentioned.  There's hills in our courtyards and the drainage sucks, being between 2 corridors and low points basically no draining.  Never see ruts or anything and they mow in the rain all season.

I wouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger on something like that for your property at all.  My neighbor in groveport used one on his little lot because he owned a landscape business, 3 passes and his front yard was done, 6 and back yard was done, but still able to get into the very very fine areas some zero turns wont. 

Good to hear. I'm planning on buying a used unit this week and getting a new zero turn next winter.

That way I can do the hills and wet parts while the wife jams out the dry stuff with the zero turn.

This year, I'll just suck it up and do the whole yard with the walk behind. Found a 60" snapper pro for a good price in Dayton. Going Thursday to check it out and probably snag it.

I have a Toro zturn which I purchased mid last year.  So far it's made mowing a pleasure now compared to the old rider we had and it's cut the mowing time by at least a 1/3.  I need to give it a good cleaning since I finally got it out this past weekend to get started with the weekly lawn routine.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought and sold a snapper pro walk behind with a Velke.

It sucked.

Still looking and got to do something fast.

Exmark has 0% for 42 months, plus a $500 rebate and a free air suspension seat on their Pioneer series.

Pioneer series is all Kohler. Edited by max power

Bought and sold a snapper pro walk behind with a Velke.

It sucked.

Still looking and got to do something fast.

Pioneer series is all Kohler.

Did not realize that when i was looking at their website trying to find something along the libes of what you were looking for. Kohler's are definitely not the engine of choice.

• 2 weeks later...