unOFFICIAL SPRING EPIC RIDE - MAY 16 2015

DerekClouser

Since I can't update the first post

Updated Roster of riders so far (Group in parentheses)

NinjaDoc 

Jacobhawkins (MF)

MotoBella (MF)

Hellmutt (M)

Snot (M)

o-no-moto -2up +2 (M)

rollnhot (M)
shadyone (M)

Anden (S)

DAC (M)

Bad324 (M)

NDspd (S)

Claine650 (M)

mojocho (MF)

Grokked (S)

Zxhooligan (M)

JackFlash (M)

Heagachongoose (MF)

what (S)

330racing (M)

Tonyblaze (S)

Isaac's Papa (M, MF, S, MS or whatever other group he can jump to)

DerekClouser (MF)

whaler (MF)

wolfman1 (MF)

A Good start, a lot of familiar names and hopefully we can still add a lot more to this roster :)

Edited by DerekClouser

4-5 guys and gals from the D had expressed interest to join the ride at some point. Hopefully they will be able to join up as well. will know only for certain by May

I have no idea where my comfort level will be until that day. I'll slip in somewhere, like usual. I put tags AND insurance on the Multistrada. Pretty sure that's why it's snowing right now.

Your comfort lvl is to travel with a rusty unpredictable silver sword and a wise old Red Hawk. :D

Preface: Route and meet place have been chosen based on a few things I've noticed from previous rides.  As I went through different route options, I decided on this route because of many factors.  I know some riders like more technical roads and others like more sweeping type of roads.  This route gives a little bit of both.  This will allow for newer riders to come in without getting in well over their heads, but will still easily keep the best of riders entertained. The route is easy to remember and many of these roads are very familiar to those who ride frequently.   

Route: https://goo.gl/maps/so6Hh

Big Props to you Derek for the massive amount of planning you have dedicated to setting up this ride. I doubt I can make it this year with finishing and selling my 125 yr old house and rehabbing the 110 year old house that we just bought, but hopefully next year. 

I checked out the route, and I know you have reasons to keep it simple and not too technical, but I saw a big section that I would definitely bypass - 339 South I would definitely skip the end of and 65% of 550 West, as they are pretty average road with only very minimal curves, and instead take 339 to 676 West (3 year old pavement, nice curves, then fairly straight rolling farmland, then great curves) to a very short jog on a straight section of 555 south, and then catch 550 west for the really great stretch leading up to 377 North. It adds 15 minutes google total trip time but in trade it adds 30 minutes of more exciting roads with good pavement and plenty of straight stretches to relax on in the middle.

You'd basically add 676W->555S and bypass the less than exiting stretches of 339 and 550. Not trying to knock your route, but this is a great alternate.  http://goo.gl/maps/YNkCm

78 from the bucket to Caldwell suck to me I would run from your start point I would run 83 to 313 to 821 to 146 to 78 to 260 to 556to26 to 676 to 555 or so to your loop

You sure you don't have that wrong? 78 from Nelsonville east through Burr Oak is GREAT, but then from McConnelsville to the Bucket is a total bore compared to what you've just ridden at Burr Oak, but then it picks up to be a decent road around the Big Muskie Miner's Bucket and east to Caldwell, but then sorta peters out after that where you want to dip south on Frostyville Rd or 260.

I'd love to follow you on your bypass of 78, but for a large group ride with 3 or more seperate paced groups, that's way too many directions to remember. I doubt that even my subtle route change suggestion would be added to the ride for an extra 2 turns and 15 minutes. Gotta keep it simple for group rides.

I can jump up to MF if needed for keep group sizes even btw.

I can drop down to slow for the same reason. I may load up the CB with luggage for a Gap dry run and see how it goes.

Epic Ride shirts & hoodies are available for purchase through teespring.   

The last day will be April 22, 2015 to purchase shirts.   

Shirts are $20.00 and Hoodies are $30.00.  They accept paypal and credit cards and will ship directly to your house. 

http://teespring.com/epic-ride-spring-2015

You do not need to attend the event to purchase a t-shirt and can purchase as many as you'd like.  

PS: For those who I owe a shirt from last event, please PM me. We can make arrangements for this. 

I've created a separate thread for t-shirts, so post it in that thread LINKED HERE that you've purchased a shirt. 

What's up all!!! I'll be there again....looking forward to it...I'll ride MEDIUM group due to not knowing the roads..hellmut is a he'll of a navigator....hats off too ya bro...c ya soon!!

To anyone who was looking to order a shirt. Unfortunately, because I placed "Ohioriders" in my description, it violated the terms and conditions of 3rd party violation.  Therefore, I had to recreate the campaign.  Anyone who ordered shirts previously, will get those shipped, but anyone still looking will have to follow the new link: http://teespring.com/epic-ride-2015

Sorry for any inconveniences. 

Hellmut...do u think we ought to run a med fast group this year...just a thought...that's usually the pace we keep anyways.....i was just thinkn it might be good for newer riders to be in a slower more comfortable group as a medium group rather than the slow cruiser group...not sure if I'm making any sence....lol...i know what I wanna say...just not sure how....ahhhh helll...lol

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I would like to throw my hat into the mix!  it's been a while for me so I don't know if it would be appropriate for me to lead/sweep a group unless its one of the slower groups if needed.  otherwise I'd like to join one of the moderate groups as I am definitely no speed demon.  looking forward to this as I missed last year! 

Depends on which shirt you ordered. If you ordered from the first campaign they should be in route. If you ordered from the recent campaign, it won't start printing until after the 22nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk