unOFFICIAL SPRING EPIC RIDE - MAY 16 2015

DerekClouser

if by tomorrow afternoon, the weather looks like its just gonna be some occasional sprinkles i am going to ride.  i will leave by friday morning to ride down. Gonna ride both days and head back up by Saturday  :D as long as temp is in the upper 70 no issues with just sprinkles, they dry up faaast.

Hopefully derek will come up with the decision on thrursday evening or friday morning based on latest weather report.

According to dispatch centers radar....sunday is a total flop. Showing rain all day and night...Saturday has a hit or miss TStorm possible in afternoon but only a 40% chance...sat is going to b our best shot this weekend. ....gotta love ohio weather....it does change by the hr....lol

If you don't have rain gear in your tool kit, you're not prepared for Ohio elements.

Motorcycling is an outdoor sport. Sometimes it rains in the outdoors. But not on my rides. Stop worrying.

you both are the worst convincing me to give it a go Saturday despite weather report

Sounds good to me. I'm quite sure that my motorcycle is highly water resistant & that I won't melt if I run through a shower or two to get to dry pavement. See y'all Saturday.

very motivational.... hell... I move for a lunch break during that hour of rain [emoji6]

Well guys, it's not looking good.  I'm going to wait a few more hours before making the official call.   

Rain, I don't mind, but I just don't know if putting a ton of motorcycles on the road during thunderstorms is the best/safest idea.  

If the forecast doesn't change in the next few hours, I think we are going to have to cancel the event for safety reasons.    

This is not official yet, but just giving everyone an update as to my thinking.  

New Concord is at about 65% chance of Thunderstorms from 1-5pm, which is right in our wheel house.  

And this saddens me. 

Saddens me too.....If anyone else is down to get some road time in let's me know...I'm def planning on getting out and hitting the pavement. Ohio weather us always so unpredictable. Seems like all the weather channels are saying something differen....uuugh..lol...we truthfully won't really know till tmrw....how the weather is gonna b.......gotta love ohio!

Saddens me too.....If anyone else is down to get some road time in let's me know...I'm def planning on getting out and hitting the pavement. Ohio weather us always so unpredictable. Seems like all the weather channels are saying something differen....uuugh..lol...we truthfully won't really know till tmrw....how the weather is gonna b.......gotta love ohio!

Link me some weather sites that are saying it's okay and I'll take a look at it. Weather Underground is what I'm using and I've found it to be fairly reliable in the past. 

Yep, props to you Derek. It's tuff to call the decision and that too the very end. What ever u decide I think most would agree.

And if still some people are free to ride tomorrow lemme know, we can meet same spot and ride same route. I will be in the area. I am leaving for seo now as soon as the freaking rain subsides here.

Edited by NinjaDoc

Link me some weather sites that are saying it's okay and I'll take a look at it. Weather Underground is what I'm using and I've found it to be fairly reliable in the past. 

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/new-concord-oh/43762/hourly-weather-forecast/2086493?hour=33

says thunder between 3-4 but fine the rest of the day. 

There's no way to accurately predict the location of thunderstorms 24 hours in advance.

If you cancel it today, you could very we'll be canceling a ride on a perfectly good day to ride.

This kind of weather is impossible to predict. All a forecast can tell you is the conditions are present that allow thunderstorms. But there may very well be none.

I would give a forecast app just about 0% faith when it comes to spring thunderstorms over a day in advance.

Edited by Blitz