unOFFICIAL SPRING EPIC RIDE - MAY 16 2015

DerekClouser

What ever you do mad props and respect for all your efforts, it is very much appreciated.

Agreed

Weather.com is the worst and that is agreeing with Weather Underground soooo I'm not sure what to think. Any way you shake it, the decision you make will likely be the best taking safety into consideration

I don't know what weather reports you are reading but mine says 100% chance of riding. If the unofficial ride is officially cancelled I will be riding the same route at the same time if anyone else wants to join in. There will be at least 2 riders regardless.

• Upvote 1

Pending that this show will go on, I didn't see any designated fuel stops on the route itself.   Without reading through the 11 pages of this thread, and not seeing anything posted on the first post, are there any??  Or is this going to be a play-it-by-ear type deal??

Unless it looks bad in the morning I will be there also. I am going to run about 75% of the route in reverse so I can bail onto 77 if it starts to look grim.

https://goo.gl/maps/MUjua

Edit: Was going to run in reverse no matter what the weather was. That way I can flip all of you off going the other way.

Edited by Tonik

Speedway in Marietta for the group I am leading if everyone has the range. I wouldn't "play it by ear" if I were you.

I always pack a can when riding with you and your touring Ninja!

Fuel20Can.jpg

Jim, will you be stopping in Millersburg or just rolling thru?  I am still a last minute decision (not weather related), but hoping to be there...if I am, I am going to stop at the Marathon/DQ to get fuel.  If you plan to stop, can we meet there?  If not, I will look out for the group and catch up once I see you roll past.  *Edit - I probably should have posted this on the NEO meet up thread...will do this now.

DPG.

Edited by dpgasser

Pending that this show will go on, I didn't see any designated fuel stops on the route itself.   Without reading through the 11 pages of this thread, and not seeing anything posted on the first post, are there any??  Or is this going to be a play-it-by-ear type deal??

The gas stop is in Beverly half way through ride (Approximate).  Beverly is at the intersection of 339, 60, and 83.  There is also another decent gas stop at the intersection of 339 and 550 past Beverly.  Take your pick, both offer enough pumps to handle the group size we have proposed.

Ok fellas, the ride will be a go... I'll understand anyone backing out last minute due to weather.   Hope to see everyone tomorrow!

Legal Disclaimer:

If we do run into serious weather, I'll advise everyone to seek shelter immediately. 

Jim, will you be stopping in Millersburg or just rolling thru?  I am still a last minute decision (not weather related), but hoping to be there...if I am, I am going to stop at the Marathon/DQ to get fuel.  If you plan to stop, can we meet there?  If not, I will look out for the group and catch up once I see you roll past.

DPG.

Probably planned to just roll through, but if we see your bike, we can make a quick stop. 

Beverly was the original gas stop....

Edited by DerekClouser

Probably planned to just roll through, but if we see your bike, we can make a quick stop. 

No worries.  I don't want to slow the group down with unplanned stops.  I will try to get there and be gassed up and ready to roll by 8:50am.

No worries.  I don't want to slow the group down with unplanned stops.  I will try to get there and be gassed up and ready to roll by 8:50am.

Sounds good Dave.

Shit, I have to work in the morning. When I get out I'll run the route backwards and hopefully run into some folks. Major bummer. Need a new sweep for med-fast group #2. Sorry guys.

No problem. Volunteers? Sorry you have to work.

Shit, I have to work in the morning. When I get out I'll run the route backwards and hopefully run into some folks. Major bummer. Need a new sweep for med-fast group #2. Sorry guys.

There goes my FJR test ride. Major bummer is right.