unOFFICIAL SPRING EPIC RIDE - MAY 16 2015

DerekClouser

That short section of 78 that was scarfed up will be real nice once they pave. The scarf had the grip but I was glad to get off of it to give my tires a break. 260 was sweet. 26 was nice except for the blind corners that started dry & ended wet. 377 definitely has some peg scrapers when run south to north which I had never done before. All in all It was a fun ride.

Thank you shadyone for the rain jacket, I did stay a lot warmer. And for sweeping, thanks for the advice too.

I will buy rain gear, and now I know what to buy.

Thanks Doc for coming down!

Thank you Derek for putting this together, thank you Dan for taking the photos.

Thanks to everyone who road, please send my thanks to the church.

It was great seeing some familiar faces.

IP I still owe you a beer.

Edited by snot

It appeared that everyone had a good time and got wet. It sickens me that I couldn't make it. Hopefully our luck with the next one doesn't rain a lot of us out.

Special thanks to everyone who helped with the organization.

Hellmutt/Snot for leading the Dayton group.

Jschaf- Jim thanks for leading as always.

Dizzledan for the media side of things.

Nivin for the logo.

Hopefully everyone liked the shirts/hoodies that they bought.

I will call the church and thank them. If we are wanting to still give a donation, people can send me a PM or donation via PayPal to derekclouser@gmail.com and I'll get it to them. I plan to donate $50 myself.

Jacobhawkins I still owe you 15$ for your shirt. I'll PayPal it to you when I get home this afternoon.

Hopefully everyone had a blast and I look forward to seeing you guys at all the future OR rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for curiosity, what caused the wrecks of the two gentlemen who went down?? Was it wet roads? Rider input?? Riding beyond limits?? Just trying to make he ride as safe as possible for everyone and this information would be helpful.

The guy that dumped it in our group had a stretched zx9 with a Shinko drag rear tire. He went wide in a turn on Crooked Tree where a gravel side road fed in and littered the outside line. Strictly Street was tailing him and said just looked like the rear went away and he hit the deck. Bike slid into a guardrail post and smashed the front in. Shortened his wheelbase back to stock length for sure.

post-13733-0-88480100-1431871002_thumb.j

Edited by Hellmutt

The guy that dumped it in our group had a stretched zx9 with a Shinko drag rear tire. He went wide in a turn on Crooked Tree where a gravel side road fed in and littered the outside line. Strictly Street was tailing him and said just looked like the rear went away and he hit the deck. Bike slid into a guardrail post and smashed the front in. Shortened his wheelbase back to stock length for sure.

Do you happen to know his tag on here??

I was pushing myself on the new bike and entered a hairpin a little too quick. Felt the back end start to kick out, stood it up and rode it over the soft bank instead of laying down on the road, was probably only going about 15 mph at that point.

Stupid mistake on my part. Found out where my comfort level lies for now though haha.

I did not see a brake light or smoke off the rear tire.

The rear didn't seem to slide out so much as a sudden sideways movement.

Not sure but I don't think he was wide enough in the turn to hit the gravel.

I wonder if he didn't catch a peg or stand when he leaned into the turn.

I understand the bike was lowered so maybe that was what happened.

He wasn't pushing it into the turn, we were going at a reasonable pace.

IDK? Peg or stand is my best guess from what I saw.

It appeared that everyone had a good time and got wet.

Jacobhawkins I still owe you 15$ for your shirt. I'll PayPal it to you when I get home this afternoon.

Hopefully everyone had a blast and I look forward to seeing you guys at all the future OR rides.

I had great time. Not worried about $15 dude, hope to ride with you this summer at some point and we'll square up then. Yaaa motorcycles!

Props to all who showed up! Major props to Doc for coming all the way down from Michigan to hang! I am sorry to hear a couple of bikes went down. Glad to hear you all got home safe! I got up with the intent to attend, looked out the window at the rain pussied out and went back to bed. Also, glad to hear you got to run the route pretty much rain free. It is a great route that we ride all summer. I want to see pics or it didn't happen!! Hope to see you all on the next one. Maybe we should put together a redo in June or July.

Probably right. The foot of his stubby kickstand looks like it could've touched down easily as low as the bike is. Wrong bike to be hitting twisties with for sure.

Locals seeIng us in their front yard literally were like " ho hum. Thars another motersickle down"

Glad you're ok. We knew something was wrong. You were never more than a min behind the whole day.

That ride backwards to what you think might possibly be trouble is always so solemn. Never know what to expect.

They were nice enough to lend us a socket wrench to bend my shifter back into a usable position. They got a good show at least, and didn't have to pay to see it.

Here is the corner, for reference: http://tinyurl.com/mzxhcva

That curve is deceiving even with the overhead view. There is at least 20 feet of elevation change that leaves you looking at nothing but sky as you are looking through the curve. It's very easy to target fixate on the danger and then ride there.

One look at that rear tire and I think you can see the problem.Not much contact patch when it rolls into a curve.

They were nice enough to lend us a socket wrench to bend my shifter back into a usable position. They got a good show at least, and didn't have to pay to see it.

Glad to hear you're good to go Andy, and also that the nice new ride didn't get hurt much. That's still a win