3rd Annual Dice'n & Slice'n Marathon Ride

DICE32

Time for the 3rd Annual Dice'n & Slice'n Marathon Ride! 

Date : Saturday April 18th

Start location : AA Hwy Speedway Wilder, Ky. (Gloria Terrell Drive )

Meet up time : 8:30...fuel up by 8:45.

Kickstands up : 9:00-9:15 at the latest.....we need to depart on time!

Break stops will be planned at certain points in the route.

Fuel stops will be about 100-120 miles apart.

Lunch location : Williamstown, Ky.....time : between 12:00-1:00

(Red Carpet Restaurant with a reserved area for the group)

Route will include some of the best curvy roads in Northern Ky, east & west of I-75. 

This ride is open to all type of bikes & is being posted on multiple websites.

Pace : Ride to YOUR skill level only *discussed before we depart.

We wait at all stops & turns till everyone's together before proceeding.

In case of large turnout : we will form a 2nd group with a staggered start if needed.

I will have printed copies of the entire route for everyone that wants one.

Plan on cooler temps to start, so gear up accordingly.

Please arrive early & have a full tank & empty bladder by 9:00.

I know this is a very early start time, but with breaks, lunch, possible traffic delays, & 300 miles to cover to reach the Hash by 6:00, we have to depart this early. (*or you can maybe catch us at Willow by 10:00 when we stop for a brief break).

*For those that might like to join in but have time restraints, & might want to start later or leave early......

First leg of this ride is 120 miles, with a break, then fuel & Lunch in Williamstown.(12:00-1:00 - you could leave or start here)

Second leg is 110 miles (my favorite section), with a break, & fuel in Falmouth (maybe 4:00-4:30 if on schedule - you could leave for home from here) 230 miles so far.....last 2 years most riders made it at least this far.

Third leg is 73 miles to the finish at Rabbit Hash. (6:00) 303 miles.

First year myself, icantdrive55, & Steiny were the only 3 to make it to the finish.

Last year it was me, icantdrive55, & Chris Nicoloff.

Here's a video that George shot in 2013 of the beginning of the ride from Wilder to Willow.........

Here are the links to the 2013 & 2014 ride threads with pictures & reviews.................

Posting this early so everyone can make plans accordingly to join us again this year.

I will bump & update this when we get closer to the ride date (plus keep a close weather watch also).

Rain date will be the next day (Sun 19th) with all times & route info remaining the same.

Any questions or requests for more info, please post here in this thread, 

or you can contact me via private message. I enjoy posting this every spring to kick off the riding season,

so I hope you'll come join us to meet some new riders & explore some new roads on this great yearly ride! 

• 2 weeks later...
The weather channel says 76/59 sunny 0% rain.

MSN weather says 76/54 mostly clear 0% rain.

Weather Underground says 76/59 clear 0% rain.

Accuweather says 76/58 clouds & sun, no rain.

WCPO weather says74/55 partly cloudy 10% rain.

Unless this majority forecast goes to hell in a hand basket by late Friday, then this ride is officially all systems go.....ON!

Looking forward to a good turnout! 

Hope to see ya' there!

If anyone is interested in the meet-up at lunch in Williamstown, I'm heading out from the west side of Cinti (Green Twsp) and crossing into NKY at the ferry about 11ish.

Hitting the backroads to the lunch meet-up--Disclaimer: There may some goat paths in the mix--and then riding the afternoon route with the group.

Thanks to Rob for an awesome route today!!! I rode just under 300 miles and I didn't join up with the group until the lunch break in Williamstown. Weather was obviously primo and for the most part, traffic was pretty light and didn't take away from the fun too much. There were about 10-12 riders from both LocalRiders crew and the Junkies who rode the first leg from Alexandria to Williamstown, where we dropped a few but picked a couple more at the Red Carpet restaurant. 8-9 rolled west to run 1993 and 227 south to Stamping Ground, then back north on 368 and 607 and 22 back into Falmouth. While we were there fueling, 3 Junkies--Chainslack and a couple of others (sorry, old-timers disease)--rolled into the Shell and picked up with the group to make the run across 17 and 467 and 1492 and points north to the Hash. All in all, a great day with no casualties.

Thanks to all the riders in the group for riding a great pace and staying safe!!! Lots of fun...

Edited by Bubba

I want to thank everyone for a great day of rockin' the backwoods! Started with 12 bikes, 2 split off at 356 & 27, 4 split at the Shell in Williamstown, 1 split at the restaurant, but we added 3 there, 1 split at the Shell in Falmouth, but we added 3 more there.....leaving (I think) 10 to make the finish at Rabbit Hash. Want to thank Greg for sweeping, & Bill for leading some. Hottest day of 2015, and the average pace matched the temp, & even a little hotter at times....I know that for sure, cause my rear tire is toast (cord showing)!!! Got blocked a couple of times by slow cagers, but really very little for as many miles that we logged (I got 335)....so pretty much a lot of wide open, traffic free stretches of some of the best twisties northern Ky has to offer! I second Bubba's sentiment about the safe, accident free, riding of the entire group all day, especially with the less than perfect road conditions at times, plus new roads to some.....super job by all! Only one pucker moment when a pickup pulling a trailer left turned into a side road in front of us, but the trailer didn't clear our lane in time. Luckily there was no one coming in the other lane, cause it would have left us with nowhere to swerve around. Great weather, great food, great curvy roads, & a great group of rider friends to share it with! Couldn't ask for a better day! Hope to get some new tires and get back out there Dice'n & Slice'n again in a couple of weeks. See ya' soon, & keep it safe everyone!