Anyone here personally went to the Isle of Man TT?

MidgetTodd

There are a few threads similar to this on the WERA board, but it's probably faster and easier to just find Brandon Cretu's username and PM him.   He's raced in the TT a couple of times, so he has the contacts and information you're looking for, plus a ton more info you wouldn't think to ask.

I will be going when our kids are older.  Wife already approved us going as a family for one of our Euro trips.  No MT, 2 and 1 isn't old enough for me to convince her to let me go next year.

We most likely will be doing the camper van route and all that jazz. 

Todd,

I could not be more serious when I say, if you really want to make plans to go, and want some kick ass company, I'll go, regardless of what it costs to do it. Seriously, I'm serious. This has been a dream of mine for years, and I thought long and hard about going this year(supposedly the last year Guy Martin will race the TT)...but next year will be much better for me. Seriously, I'll go. Seriously. Passport in hand.

We fly to the UK, take the ferry over, have a hotel and car booked in advance, and proceed to get seriously shit faced every night, and our heads blow off by fast motorcycles and sidecars during the day.

How long do you want to stay, and what's your credit card number. We split everything 50/50, besides beer and hookers.

• Upvote 2

Ideally, I'd like to arrive a few days before "race week", and stay through the end of the races...so maybe 8 or 9 days. When you consider travel as the biggest percentage of the cost, staying an extra day or two doesn't really add that much to the total trip.

When I did my research, and this was surprisingly backed up by the link I provided that was previously suggested, most motorcycle rentals forbid taking them to the Isle of Man. I'm sure someone might rent where it's possible, but for me and the experience I want, a motorcycle isn't necessary. 

:lol: I am in! midget hookers are half price there so i will save a ton on Todds!

And I'd like you to come as a 3rd, if Cathy will let you.

My Fire is interested as well. 4 way split on rentals and lodge should make it very affordable. I'd like to do the week and watch from a different area each day. Not opposed to an extra day or two either