270 riders

kingnoobie

As a 270 and 33 daily commuter I'm noticing more and more squid riders. Good example was Monday...an older zx6 flew by me while I was doing about 70mph. I look over and see him wearing a bandana over his face, tennis shoes, T-shirt, and tucked in laying on his tank. Not 10 minutes before that a guy passed me doing at least 100 wearing shorts, tennis shoes, a T-shirt that was flapping so I could see his back. At least he was wearing a helmet. When he passed he turned his body halfway around and motioned for me to follow him. That's just Mondays examples. I can see why most cruiser don't wave at me when I wave from my sport bike now, if this is the norm for the area. I've always believed in the saying to each their own, but I would have to say in these situations that the stereotype of sportbikes is fitting around Columbus and its hurting those who utilize a track for speed and learning g, where all the gear all the time, and commute on a daily basis. I've had numerous close minded people cuss me out,flip me off, or even cut me off just for being on a sport bike. Sorry for the long rant and bit h session...just wanted to clear my mind and see what others thoughts were. Enjoy the weather and dress for the slide.

270 is a toilet bowl where the turds are mostly in the middle. It's not surprising that there is a high concentration of retards on bikes hovering around said bowl.

I just try to steer clear of idiots, no matter their modality of travel. Thankfully, most squids and pirates broadcast their ineptitude with convenient uniforms so we can tell who's who.

Edited by swingset
  • Upvote 1

270 is a toilet bowl where the turds are mostly in the middle. It's not surprising that there is a high concentration of retards on bikes hovering around said bowl.

I just try to steer clear of idiots, no matter their modality of travel. Thankfully, most squids and pirates broadcast their ineptitude with convenient uniforms so we can tell who's who.

^ that too! Squids are not bike specific. I used to hear drunks leaving the bar every warm Saturday night at 2 am (while I was sitting by the fire in the backyard) railing like a bat out of hell and revving their noise boxes to the moon.

Those same drunks would tell me that sport bike riders were giving "bikers" a bad name.

Fucking please. :rolleyes:

Edited by max power

Very true... most riders I see without gear are riding cruisers. I would say 75% I see are not wearing helmets and even more are not wearing any other gear. My only issue is as stated above by hillbilly, that those same cruiser riders that are doing poker runs to bars and actively drinking and driving without any gear are the same ones cursing sport bike riders saying that we are giving bikers a bad name. There could be a never ending battle between cruisers and sport bikes and cages, and between people that follow ATGATT and squids. As stated... to each their own. Just a small bit h session I started because of caters cutting me off and flipping me off, meanwhile they are passed by a group of "real bikers" (they're words) and had no issues.