Motorcycle license, Who has what

mrbret

What kind of motorcycle license do you have?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of motorcycle license do you have?

• No motorcycle license at all :nono:
    • Temps only :(
    • Basic rider course only :)
    • Anything higher than the basic :D

What kind of license do you have?

This is for road use only, not any kind of track only licence

1) No motorcycle license at all..... but still rides anyway? :eek:

2) Temps only? :(

3) Basic rider course only? :)

4) Anything higher than the basic? :D

No comment are needed, just wondering how many people have each level and so on.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I did not think this was really such a tough question. :nono:

This is not a pass or fail life changing question, just a simple (:lol:) multi choice bit of a time waster.

Lets see if this helps any of the confused ones a little more.

If you have dont no kind of motorcycle test at all but you still ride you are #1

If you have gone & done the question & answer ibit but no kind on on bike riding test you are #2

If you have only done one on bike riding test that as far as you are aware in not considered an "experienced" or "advanced" riding test you are #3

If you have done #2 & #3 & something else that is road riding based & not track/racing based you are #4

If you are still confused just click on #5 & put your bike on e-bay & move to a small padded room with no access to heavy machinery or anything motor powered.

Wow, I did not think this was really such a tough question. :nono:

This is not a pass or fail life changing question, just a simple (:lol:) multi choice bit of a time waster.

Lets see if this helps any of the confused ones a little more.

If you have dont no kind of motorcycle test at all but you still ride you are #1

If you have gone & done the question & answer ibit but no kind on on bike riding test you are #2

If you have only done one on bike riding test that as far as you are aware in not considered an "experienced" or "advanced" riding test you are #3

If you have done #2 & #3 & something else that is road riding based & not track/racing based you are #4

If you are still confused just click on #5 & put your bike on e-bay & move to a small padded room with no access to heavy machinery or anything motor powered.

Bret, Fonzie is right, you need an option like he said, it is NOT required in Ohio to pass any kind of safety course to get your license, all that is required is that you pass the written temp test @ the BMV and a simple 10min manuverability course at the BMV, well I thought it was simple.

So, I'm a # 5...

5.) Fully licencesed, but no motorcycle safety course.

why would you not get your full licence?

I took the Motorcycle safety course and then got my full license last year. I don't think I can even describe how good an idea the safety course is. It's $25 in ohio and they teach you so much basic stuff that could keep you from getting into trouble on the road. Not to mention it makes it easier to pass the full license test. Either way, up until the August of this year my licence will still say novice on it.

why would you not get your full licence?

I took the Motorcycle safety course and then got my full license last year. I don't think I can even describe how good an idea the safety course is. It's $25 in ohio and they teach you so much basic stuff that could keep you from getting into trouble on the road. Not to mention it makes it easier to pass the full license test. Either way, up until the August of this year my licence will still say novice on it.

Hey isent it a 3 Day class? i would love to take it.. but if you can send me some vac. time that would work! :banana:

i have my temp. only.. but i still ride at night and have riders.. im a cop.. so who is going to take me to jail in my own county.

Okay young rebel law man, question for you then. What do you tell someone who you've just pulled over who's DL has expired, say, a month or so ago, but tells you "I'm sorry officer, but I just haven't had the time to get it renewed." Do you let him go or do you hold him to the standards the rest of us are legally bound to?

Believe me, I get being busy, and time being a luxury that isn't always afforded. (Wait until you have kids someday!) But do yourself a favor and make the time. Talk to your boss (being that upholding the law is his job too, perhaps he might be willing to accomodate a slight schedule adjustment so that one of his reports may find a way to be compliant with it) and enjoy the course. The $25 deal here in OH is great. I was lucky to have taken my MSF course in the military, but I was in FL at the time, and they charged $75 for it then, and that was 13 years ago.

Okay young rebel law man, question for you then. What do you tell someone who you've just pulled over who's DL has expired, say, a month or so ago, but tells you "I'm sorry officer, but I just haven't had the time to get it renewed." Do you let him go or do you hold him to the standards the rest of us are legally bound to?

Believe me, I get being busy, and time being a luxury that isn't always afforded. (Wait until you have kids someday!) But do yourself a favor and make the time. Talk to your boss (being that upholding the law is his job too, perhaps he might be willing to accomodate a slight schedule adjustment so that one of his reports may find a way to be compliant with it) and enjoy the course. The $25 deal here in OH is great. I was lucky to have taken my MSF course in the military, but I was in FL at the time, and they charged $75 for it then, and that was 13 years ago.

To tell you the truth i would let them go.. just depends on there actions and if they are smart asses about it or not.. It just gets put in the leads systems as a warning and if they get pulled over again.. "ticket".

i have my temp. only.. but i still ride at night and have riders.. im a cop.. so who is going to take me to jail in my own county.

I'm sure you didn't mean it like I'm reading it, but... you should watch saying stuff like that. There are many members on this board that have had bad experiences with cops because they lie and are hypocritical. You might be a lot more laid back than the cops others have had to deal with, but depending on your subscribed morals and values, I know a few that would consider the statement you made unethical.

Just to clear some stuff up from your point of view -

Do you only ride in your own county?

Have you ever written a ticket to someone with motorcycle temps riding at night, with a passenger, or without a helmet?

Have you ever written a ticket for someone not wearing their seatbelt?

Because of the power given to you by the government, do you feel that yourself and others should only have to conform to the rules / laws you deem necessary - like the examples in the above questions?

I'd hope these would just be Yes/No questions because I wasn't really looking for "Yes, but the guy/girl I stopped was a real douchebag" or some other reason why this particular person deserved what they got.

Do you only ride in your own county? Yes, We have nice roads.

Have you ever written a ticket to someone with motorcycle temps riding at night, with a passenger, or without a helmet? No- Simply Tell Them To Head Home.

Have you ever written a ticket for someone not wearing their seatbelt? Depends on the situtaton.. Speeding "Yes". No License Place Light.. "No."

Its a small town.. not your "BIG C BUS" City.. if you know what i mean..