Motorcycle license, Who has what

mrbret

What kind of motorcycle license do you have?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of motorcycle license do you have?

• No motorcycle license at all :nono:
    • Temps only :(
    • Basic rider course only :)
    • Anything higher than the basic :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have my temp. only.. but i still ride at night and have riders.. im a cop.. so who is going to take me to jail in my own county.

Need I say more? If you're not responsible enough to uphold your position you don't need to accept it.

i have my temp. only.. but i still ride at night and have riders.. im a cop.. so who is going to take me to jail in my own county.
i just love all of this!! everyone getting so upset! how do you even know i have riders or ride at night? How do you know? i feel like we are in a presidental race! and the battle continues!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disgrace

The Internet is very dangerous......:D

I was more concerned with your working conditions. That perhaps someone with a high-wall cubucle might not see you and turn left in front of you.

But to stay true to the thread, rob, do you have a license to work in that cubicle?

I was more concerned with your working conditions. That perhaps someone with a high-wall cubucle might not see you and turn left in front of you.

But to stay true to the thread, rob, do you have a license to work in that cubicle?

Just my cube temps.... so only one person in the cube at a time an no night working

i just love all of this!! everyone getting so upset! how do you even know i have riders or ride at night? How do you know? i feel like we are in a presidental race! and the battle continues!

Personally, I'm just going by what YOU said.

Of course, you did lie about the "I'm a cop" part, so I suppose the rest of it could be bullshit too.

Maybe you should find another sandbox to play in. You've lost your chance at credibility here....

Dont you have a scooter to ride?:lol:

Yeah, I just got back a little while ago from LEGALLY riding my scooter.

Make all the jokes you want about it being a scooter, no matter, cause my SCOOTER is just as fast, and FASTER than some of the bikes here.... 600cc's is still 600cc's no matter if theres a clutch or not buddy! ;)

:D

We had this saying while I was in the Army.... Lead from the front and Lead by example, I understand we are all human, but we should all set the example for others to follow especially those in positions of authority, not just cops but judges, senator's, and all public officials in the view of the masses.............. Just my two cents.

:plus1: Wise words, fellow vet. And while it may be true that all of those in positions of autority are human, the acceptance of such autority is a conscious decision, as is the abuse of it. There are 10%'ers everywhere, be it on base, an aircraft carrier, or the local county hoosegow. And while our young Johnny Law here is just 20, we all know that to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid. So it's simply upon him to offer complete unadulterated copitulation, learn from his mistakes and stand up to say "my bad". And take the time to enjoy the giggle as he scrambles to put the toothpase back in the tube. Some of us can giggle as having made the same mistake at a young age, others simply by knowing better. Either way, just hope he comes around. We have a hard enough time fighting the knucklehead sterotype to The Man without having an inside guy perpetuating it.

Go to the light, Carol Ann!

:D

:plus1: Wise words, fellow vet. And while it may be true that all of those in positions of autority are human, the acceptance of such autority is a conscious decision, as is the abuse of it. There are 10%'ers everywhere, be it on base, an aircraft carrier, or the local county hoosegow. And while our young Johnny Law here is just 20, we all know that to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid. So it's simply upon him to offer complete unadulterated copitulation, learn from his mistakes and stand up to say "my bad". And take the time to enjoy the giggle as he scrambles to put the toothpase back in the tube. Some of us can giggle as having made the same mistake at a young age, others simply by knowing better. Either way, just hope he comes around. We have a hard enough time fighting the knucklehead sterotype to The Man without having an inside guy perpetuating it.

Go to the light, Carol Ann!

+1 I guess I'm a little biased having to lead Soldiers into the most unforgiving place's on earth and ask from them nothing more than what I would do myself.

Hey isent it a 3 Day class? i would love to take it.. but if you can send me some vac. time that would work! :banana:

It's a 3 or 2 day course. They offer afternoon and morning. I am willing to bet you don't work 1st and second shift every day.

Either way, you can get your license with out the course too.

It's a 3 or 2 day course. They offer afternoon and morning. I am willing to bet you don't work 1st and second shift every day.

Either way, you can get your license with out the course too.

And you don't even have to be perfect. Robhawk "accidently" did an endo in his test and about dropped my bike, but he walked away with 100%.

Have to agree with this. You do not need to be offering to protect and/or server anyone unless you are willing to sacrifice a little bit. Your oath is an oath because you cannot break it. You don't take an oath because you get to follow it whenever you want. I don't care if you're a rent a cop at a mall. You need to set the example, and if you're willing to argue this you have no right to get upset when someone doesn't show law enforcement the proper respect.

Speaking of LEO's setting an example & being willing to sacrifice, perhaps the following is why this thread struck a chord with me. Friend of mine from high school was a Toledo Vice/Narcotics cop........and gave ALL last February................

2/25/07

Though I'm not a big fan of the paperwork & attitude they often like to give me, just lost a friend from high school a few days ago who got shot in the line of duty by some 15 year old, gangbanger wannabe punk. I'm hoping there's a lineup when he gets to prison for who wants to knock the teeth outa the new babyface and get the first hummer!!! icon_evil.gif

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EWS18/302250008

Anyway........Saddest thing to me is his 3 year old son, who'll probably have no recollection of his dad. Great guy who always had a smile on his face and a laugh to share, that I regrettably lost touch with after high school. Funny......you always think there's plenty of time to reconnect with people from your past once things "settle down" in your life....'til you hear their name on the radio when you're coming home from work one morning, and realize that opportunity is gone forever :icon_redface:

1st time Toledo's lost an officer in the line of duty since 1970

In memory of Keith..........

http://www.legacy.com/ToledoBlade/Obituari...rsonID=86575754

Keith Thomas Dressel

00152427_1_02232007_1.jpg

1971-2007

Detective Keith Thomas Dressel, Unit #812, 35 years, of Toledo, died Wednesday, February 21, 2007, in St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center after suffering a fatal gunshot wound while on police duty. Keith was a detective on the Vice/Narcotics Section Special Enforcement Division with The Toledo Police Department for fourteen years. The son of Michael and Larraine (Hausmann) Dressel, he was born March 28, 1971, in Toledo. Keith attended Whiteford Schools K through eighth grade, was a 1989 graduate of St. Francis DeSales High School and attended the University of Toledo. He married Danielle Lynn Reinhart June 17, 2005 in Toledo. Keith was an avid Michigan "Go Blue" fan, was a member of the Toledo Police Patrolman's Association and Fraternal Order of Police. He is survived by his loving family; wife, Danielle; children, Sydney and Noah; parents, Michael and Larraine Dressel of Ottawa Lake, MI; sister, Jennifer (Michael) Raburn of Horton, MI; brother, Neil (Janie) Dressel of Ottawa Lake, and grandmother, Zenath Hausmann of Temperance, MI. He was preceded in death by grandparents, Carl and Eleanor Dressel and Thomas Hausmann Jr., Godmother and aunt, Trudy Schmidt, and grandmother-in-law, Rose Madlinski. Visitation will be held Saturday and Sunday from Noon until 8:00 p.m. in the Bedford Funeral Chapel, 8300 Lewis Avenue, Temperance, MI, where scripture services will be held Sunday at 7:00 p.m. Funeral Mass will be Monday at 11:00 a.m. in Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Catholic Church, 8330 Lewis Avenue, Temperance, MI, with interment in St. Anthony Cemetery, Temperance. Memorials may be made to a Scholarship Fund for his children at the Toledo Police Federal Credit Union or Toledo Fire Fighter Credit Union. Online condolences may be shared at www.bedfordfuneralchapel.com "Patrol the streets of Gold Keith - We'll take it from here"

Damn Fonzie alot of your friends seem to be dying.Sorry about your loss!

Thanx Rock.

Like I said, Keith & I lost touch after high school.....but yeah....Last year wasn't a good one for me & friends :(

Thanx Rock.

Like I said, Keith & I lost touch after high school.....but yeah....Last year wasn't a good one for me & friends :(

My condolences man, sometimes life just doesn't make any sense.

I just spent a couple hours last night with two of our narcotics officers that were shot through a door while trying to serve a warrant. Fortunately they're going to pull through and the bad guys were caught. Jacked up thing is that one of the shooters is a Columbus city employee(code enforcement) and a former OSU football player!