Statistical risks associated with drag racing motorcycles

silentcropduster

I must have no subscribed 2 this thread, just now saw all of this. She also rides, 2014 Honda CB500F. She doesn't like the track due to the high speed if something happens and I go down I "could" get hurt. I can also get wiped off the roadway by a mack truck walking across the street. My opinion of the track is that it's a controlled environment with a squad there. I'm taking all necessary safety precautions. Also on the track I'm not going to get smashed by a cager. I only made this thread because I can't find any statistics online anywhere.

double thumbin' it!

You got married and sold all your bikes lol

I've been married for a few years. Getting married had 0 to do with selling my bikes. I did far more track days, and road trips post marriage than I did pre marriage. I sold my bikes because I was bored. My schedule is not clear enough for me to do track days every weekend at this point, My schedule also is not clear enough for me to log 500 mile days on the street(which i was at the point where, I was having 0 fun street riding) to get to good roads. I've ridden and raced bicycles for years.  There is a far better bicycle scene in this area with a ton of single track within an hour from here.  My wife was far from happy when I made the decision to sell my bikes.  She loves motorcycles, and loves to ride. I figured, with my lack of interest at the moment, there was no reason to let them sit here and rot. They are just material things. New bikes are made everyday. I will get another one of these days. 

I've been married for a few years. Getting married had 0 to do with selling my bikes. I did far more track days, and road trips post marriage than I did pre marriage. I sold my bikes because I was bored. My schedule is not clear enough for me to do track days every weekend at this point, My schedule also is not clear enough for me to log 500 mile days on the street(which i was at the point where, I was having 0 fun street riding) to get to good roads. I've ridden and raced bicycles for years. There is a far better bicycle scene in this area with a ton of single track within an hour from here. My wife was far from happy when I made the decision to sell my bikes. She loves motorcycles, and loves to ride. I figured, with my lack of interest at the moment, there was no reason to let them sit here and rot. They are just material things. New bikes are made everyday. I will get another one of these days.

Everyone is always quick to blame marriage. Never think that it's possible to no longer be enjoying a hobby and want to make a change

You got it my friend. My last street ride, was chugging through infamous paully GA route. Started raining just on the other side of blood mountain, and rained all the way back to iron horse. Didn't make it to our cabin until 10 pm. War women road was a river. I already was getting to the point of being burnt out, and that ride was the icing on the cake. 

The roads in that area were the downfall of my enjoyment. Could never get enough confidence on the gravely, tar snakes choppy asphalt of most Ohio roads to ride at a decent pace while having fun. That on top of the well I've yet to wreck and everyone wrecks at some point thoughts creeping to the forefront started not even enjoying scenic cruises. I do miss it from time to time. On day I'll have a bike again that's for sure though

Irony...put my bike down Sunday. 5 years of riding, never even dropped my bike while parked etc. Was going about 40 in a 35 mph zone, a school bus, yes a FUCKING school bus pulled out on front of me. Didn't have a choice unless I wanted 2 under ride the bus. I blarred my horn but he kept on with the turn in front of me. I was enraged and still am pretty pissed about it. Luckily zero damage 2 bike sides frame slider, feeler on left peg, left bar weight, and my butthurtness lol.

double thumbin' it!

that sucks. Any legal action coming, or are you just happy to walk away from it without any real damage to teh bike?

Nope he/she didn't stick around I immediately got my bike up and checked it out b4 he/she could get too far. Had there of been any damage I'd of followed and had the bus pulled over.

double thumbin' it!

Nope he/she didn't stick around I immediately got my bike up and checked it out b4 he/she could get too far. Had there of been any damage I'd of followed and had the bus pulled over.

double thumbin' it!

Even if you're not looking for civil remedies, I'm vindictive enough to call the cops and report the failure to yield the right-of-way.   Someone almost killed you because they were careless.  I think they can at least pay court costs and attend traffic school...

• Upvote 1

Even if you're not looking for civil remedies, I'm vindictive enough to call the cops and report the failure to yield the right-of-way. Someone almost killed you because they were careless. I think they can at least pay court costs and attend traffic school...

The thought did cross my mind 2 get in front of the bus, make him pull over, yank him out of the bus and beat him until I felt he learned his lesson...but in today's society that's seen as "too aggressive."

double thumbin' it!

• Upvote 1