Paper or Plastic?

Tonik

Help Tonik decide  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Paper or Plastic

• With handles
    • Without handles

Ok, so I am at Giant Eagle and she just asked  'Paper or Plastic'.  I can't decide, so help me OR.  What has been your experiences...do you have any insight to offer? I am madly going through online reviews with my phone but I just can't decide.

Edited by Tonik

Paper is a renewable resource, without much help by humans recycling. (Trees.)

Plastic gets thrown away by most people without recycling.

Pick your evil. Choose wisely.

Or, bring your own bags, boxes and transport devices.

I have a couple of farmer market sturdy textile bags that I sometimes use for small trips.

Plastic was the thing to do, when people thought you were evil for not protecting the trees.

Paper is prefered (or mandatory) in some neighborhoods, having realised the damage done from plastic.

I also use a duffel bag from time to time. Have you thought about going that route even though its not something you're clearly considering but something I use so I feel the need to suggest it?

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 1

I back my lifted Humvee up to the disabled parking space at the front Whole Foods with my exhaust pointing into the front door.  Then I make them pack my groceries in a bag woven from the delicate rib bones of endangered songbirds.  When I get home I take the bag, cram a passing duck into it and throw it off a bridge into the local clean water reservoir.

Then I congratulate myself for being eco-minded enough to shop at Whole Paycheck Foods.

Edited by Scruit
  • Upvote 3

put all the items in a cart and trolly it out to your car. or on the bike it all goes in the rucksack anyway no bag needed.

*Coming from someone who never buys enough to need a cart and spent 5 years with no car and outlawed plastic bags, no paper, extra $ for reusable.

Edited by motocat12

Ok, the clear winner is paper.  I have updated the poll with the choices in paper bags we are now faced with.  With handles or without.  Certainly with handles, at first glance, is more appealing but I am concerned that if the kid packs too much shit in one the handles will break.  Tough choice here, dunno.

But we do need to hurry this process up.  My ice cream has melted all over the place and the rent a cop at Giant Eagle is giving me the eye.

post-10994-0-45869900-1447182576_thumb.j

post-10994-0-63019000-1447182576_thumb.j

paper still exists?

I am apparently a dirty hippy and use cloth bags.  This is almost purely because I can't find a place to recycle the blue bags, and even with 2 dogs, we don't pick up enough shit to use all the plastic they give us when they put 2-3 items in each goddamn bag.

paper still exists?

I am apparently a dirty hippy and use cloth bags.  This is almost purely because I can't find a place to recycle the blue bags, and even with 2 dogs, we don't pick up enough shit to use all the plastic they give us when they put 2-3 items in each goddamn bag.

All the grocery stores near me recycle them, they have a drop box you can put them in.

• Upvote 1

All the grocery stores near me recycle them, they have a drop box you can put them in.

yup every giant eagle I've been to have a recycle container at the front of the store for plastic bags. I too use the plastic bags to take lunch to work and picking up dog crap

• Upvote 1

yup every giant eagle I've been to have a recycle container at the front of the store for plastic bags. I too use the plastic bags to take lunch to work and picking up dog crap

I used to work at a giant eagle in high school.  Our manager had us deposit the recycled bags directly into the dumpster.