2016 FJR

Tonik

Hard for me to comment on a taller first gear without knowing what the old version was like.  But in general terms I like a taller first gear for city driving..making right and left turns and so on.  I certainly don't see enough improvement to upgrade if you already have one. You have an awesome bike as is, the '16 is just a bit more awesome.

• 1 month later...
On December 8, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Tonik said:

Hard for me to comment on a taller first gear without knowing what the old version was like.  But in general terms I like a taller first gear for city driving..making right and left turns and so on.  I certainly don't see enough improvement to upgrade if you already have one. You have an awesome bike as is, the '16 is just a bit more awesome.

You're welcome to try my just-barely-broken-in '09 with 102,000 miles on it, if you want a general idea of how awesome FJRs are. 

I've noticed that Yamaha owners forums are usually full of dicks. Got banned from an xj site my first week, had lots of issues with mods at an fzr site as well. I'm certain that the problem is them and not me, I'm a wonderful and insightful person and never offend anyone or say 'fuck'.