New old school truck

speedytriple

:wtf:  you sold the red yota???

It was more of a faded to pink.

Yeah an bought a Ford what were you thinking max?

I never learn my lesson with them damn F trucks.

He didn't sell THE Yota.....At least I don't think he did.....I think he means the 2 wheel drive beater Yota.

This! Gump can attest to the awesomeness of that beater.

I did a lot of road trips in that trusty POS.

Been using the truck for weekend running around an hunting. So far seems like a solid truck. Getting around 11mpg city driving. Got most of the little things sorted out, just need to do the tranny gasket an filter. Once I get everything checked an sorted out I have some plans for the truck.

This one is in pretty good shape, needs tires and a couple other real minor things but other than that i think it will be good to go. Only bad thing is it is starting to rust a little at the bottom of the bed right behind the cab on both sides.

I just started spraying under coating on mine today. Put a few cans in the wheel wells to start. Got three done including the frame sections. Gonna need about a case to do the other well an underbody. Might try to do it Saturday when it is warm out. Also picked up a msd distributor cap an rotor with new plugs. Gonna be a busy few days here working on everything.

Well got a full tune up done today. New plugs, cap, rotor, wires, an air filter. Also put a new gasket on the tranny pan changed the tranny filter an put new fluid in it. Just finishing up now will see if it runs any different on the drive home from my buddies garage. Forgot the filter an had to run to pick it up.

This one is in pretty good shape, needs tires and a couple other real minor things but other than that i think it will be good to go. Only bad thing is it is starting to rust a little at the bottom of the bed right behind the cab on both sides.

That's how you can confirm its a ford. That's the infamous rust starting point.

Put some Rust Mort or Rust Seal on it. I used to sell it in my previous life. Stuff is for real.

http://www.semproducts.com/rust-and-corrosion-rust-converters-sealers

^^THIS^^

I went over the top of my bike trailer with rust converter before a quick "aerosol overhaul". That stuff turns rust into armor, and neutralizes it. Goes on like water, and may take a couple coats, but the shit's legits

Edited by Hellmutt

Just got rid of my '86 a few years ago. Regret it. Go cart with a pick up bed. Ran like a top when I sold it with 215k. Needed a arms.

Yes sir, they were a testament to the company. Mine was a base model, no a/c, no power brakes, no power steering, no nothing. Hydro clutch and rear sliding window were the only amenities mine had, perfect for a poor teenager - nothing went wrong with it until I'd abused it for a couple years.

Had a set of old Buick coil springs I'd stuff between the rear axle and frame for big payloads. Clutch finally gave up when I toted 1800 lbs of pea gravel in the bed. Thought the loader driver was going to shit his seat when the truck didn't bottom as he emptied his bucket into the back.

DAMN good trucks. I've been hooked ever since, and currently on my 4th Toyota truck in the last 27 years