Best way to clean helmet padding

durk

So it seems like winter may actually be here for real now & I decided I would try and clean the padding in my helmet. I began by taking pads & liner out then soaking them in laundry detergent for a while. When I went to rinse them there was a nasty film on them(probably sweat/grime build up). I did the best I could to scrub/rinse them out, but thought there may be a better way of cleaning them. Any ideas, what do you do?

They've held up fine, haven't had any issues of any sort? Do you put them on normal cycle delicate cycle? Do you wash them with other things or totally separately?

They've held up fine, haven't had any issues of any sort? Do you put them on normal cycle delicate cycle? Do you wash them with other things or totally separately?

Normal cycle with light load or solo. I use the dryer but with no heat or very light heat.

Thanks for the advice guys. I went ahead and ran the padding thru washer today. So they have been hand washed & ran thru the washer. That's as clean as they're gonna get. Maybe next year I'll try the car wash thing IP. Little too cold for me right now.