Cycle Gear moves to buy Revzilla

ScubaCinci

54 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Well I haven't been buying much from Revzilla since I have gotten such great deals from Riders Discount. Hopefully they keep Anthony and the product videos.

Anthony is one of the owners. My bet is those boys are going to take the money,run and laugh all the way to the bank then start over again. I think we will see then again under another entity.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Hopefully they keep Anthony doing the reviews and the Common Thread.

I wish Iron Pony would improve their website, similar to Revzilla. I like to support the local stores. However, their website isn't very good 

Agreed. They also need to carry a few more brands. My issue in this area is that no one carries brands I like lol

22 hours ago, Tonik said:

Its all owned by a big investment firm. I wouldn't expect any major changes. They will streamline line it, cut costs a bit, boost the value and sell it.

If it makes money, there's no reason to sell it.   They can consolidate their technology, or adopt the technology of the superior brand ...I would hope.

If it makes money, there's no reason to sell it.   They can consolidate their technology, or adopt the technology of the superior brand ...I would hope.

Sometimes, even if you are profitable, it would be nice to sell the business. Hard to beat a fat check and a long vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 3.504 said:

Sometimes, even if you are profitable, it would be nice to sell the business. Hard to beat a fat check and a long vacation.

Exactly.  And the excitement of building a business is different than the experience of running it after it's gotten to a certain size, even if it is profitable.  Nothing wrong with cashing out, catching your breath and figuring out what you want to do in the next chapter of your life.

• Upvote 2

Revzilla is a decent vendor although Riders Discount will beat them in price any time & has great service too. Sportbiketrackgear is also good. Hopefully The link between Revzilla & Cyclegear will elevate Cyclegear a bit. That would be my hope because Cyclegear has a brick and mortar 10 minutes from me that I would patronize if they weren't trying to sell low quality crap almost exclusively.