Saturday March 12th, Warm Enough ride

Blitz

So, weather for tomorrow says 68 degrees with a 20% chance of rain.  I'm going to keep an eye on it to see if it changes, but if that's how it pans out, it should be a decent day to get a ride in.

Im thinking meet at noon and back by 5. Route can be flexible depending on who all joins. I'm thinking Hocking area or McConnelsville.

Post up if you're interested and we'll make meet up spot plans.

• Upvote 1

Wish I could do this but I don't have a very big window to ride.  Have to cantor at church at 5:30...   I will get the bike(s) out at some point, but probably not for long.  Plan on getting up early, pulling off the covers and airing up the tires.

Hoping the pot holes aren't too bad.  They really suck on the freeway.  Be careful out there.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Not sure if I want to go that far south right off the rip. I'm still breaking myself in from the winter lol.

If you're out tomorrow and coming south let me know. I should be around the house most the morning and possibly early afternoon. I pulled your bags outta the attic this morning 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

I may just ride down to put those on lol. Whats the process to put those on? Does it require me to remove my rear seat?

Probably I'm not real sure. Only test fit them on the VFR once and think I just connected them to my tailbag 

I'm in Mount Vernon Tim.  Weather continues to look good.

Looks like you're North of Columbus too. We can meet at 83.93 in Otsego at noon. From there we can decide how far we really want to go. Let me know either way. I plan on the pace being very mild. And the distance being fairly tame as well.

6 hours ago, Blitz said:

Im thinking meet at noon and back by 5. Route can be flexible depending on who all joins. I'm thinking Hocking area or McConnelsville.

Road report: the roads west of 33 Logan are is better shape then the west side. M-T-W I road many of the fun ones. New Lex to McConnelsville 37,13, 78, 377,  266, 550, 339 Great shape (Not Summer Fast but med fast with great corner views with no vegetation.East of 33. 56 good all three digits roads have light sand and gravel especially at side road intersections. The rain last night most likely wash a lot away. the gate at Musky Bucket is closed and Ranger Dan with his big dog Dick is standing-by ready to thump you ass.  Have fun. Brian

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Blitz said:

I'm in Mount Vernon Tim.  Weather continues to look good.

Looks like you're North of Columbus too. We can meet at 83.93 in Otsego at noon. From there we can decide how far we really want to go. Let me know either way. I plan on the pace being very mild. And the distance being fairly tame as well.

You could say Cleveland is north of Columbus LOL. It would take me roughly 2.5 hours to get down there. Google is telling me 3 hours. :/

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

You could say Cleveland is north of Columbus LOL. It would take me roughly 2.5 hours to get down there. Google is telling me 3 hours. :/

So, you're saying....meet at 1? :)

It's literally the small little town of Otsego. The intersection of 83 and 93. It's the same spot where I met you and Tpoppa and Brian last year on the ride where I went down.

40 minutes ago, Blitz said:

Why don't you meet us tomorrow? You seem to have the road conditions locked down....

Thanks for the invite but the wife has me on lock down doing spring clean up in the yard.Next time.

I'm there man.  I need to get some time in on this new bike, and as Tim can attest to, I'm a giant pussy now.  I'll follow, happy to sweep, or meet up at the road changes.  I might be a touch after 12, 12:15 likely, if you can wait a few, otherwise I'll catch up at a gas stop.

Well shoot. If there's any adjustment we can make to the meet time Jim, let us know. Would be great to see you out.

Sounds good Jacob. Keep an eye on his thread for any time changes. I'll post an official meet time sometime this evening, as we adjust to any NEO riders.

• Upvote 1

So let's go with noon at 83/93 intersection in Otsego. If anyone would like to make an adjustment to that, let me know. But I want to set an official time, and adjust from there.

As of right now it looks like just Jacob and myself, and Tim tentatively.

Everyone is welcome. 

And if it's 12:15 Jacob, no worries...I can wait.

Edited by Blitz

Home, showered, and on the way to the Crew game. That, my friends, was a heck of a way to start the season. Not to chilly in the morning or the evening, and perfect mid day. No incidents, good little route, and good peeps....and it's early March. It's rare in Ohio to get an 8 month riding season, but we're off to a good start.

Jonathan, good riding with you buddy. I'm guessing you'll find this thread; so welcome to OR and great riding today.

Tim and Jacob, hop to see you guys out again soon.

Got home a little bit ago. Nice ride. That's for leading and organizing Jamie. Good to see you again. Great way to kick off the season.

Jacob it was awesome to see you again. You picked a smart pace for being new to that bike. You'll be as quick as you were on the fjr in no time.

Jonathan hope to see you and that German beast again soon.

Sent from my iPhone.