Saturday March 12th, Warm Enough ride

Blitz

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Home.  Awesome day, thanks for leading Blitz and for brining along Jonathan, hope he joins OR.  Hope everybody makes it home shortly.  Woohoo!

What route? And how were the road surface conditions? Next tue and wed look warm and dry for a street ride. Thanks. B.

Heeeeyyyy,  after a traffic weaving (kinda fast pace jaunt) ,  I caught up to Jacob and we made it to columbus.  My ass is sore, my feet hurt,  which only means I had a blast.  Thanks for the invite and looking forward to many more great rides.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, B-Mac said:

What route? And how were the road surface conditions? Next tue and wed look warm and dry for a street ride. Thanks. B.

I'll let Blitz post the route, but road conditions for 95% for me.  Couple small bits of gravel, but nearly perfect.

5 hours ago, Blitz said:

Home, showered, and on the way to the Crew game. That, my friends, was a heck of a way to start the season. Not to chilly in the morning or the evening, and perfect mid day. No incidents, good little route, and good peeps....and it's early March. It's rare in Ohio to get an 8 month riding season, but we're off to a good start.

Jonathan, good riding with you buddy. I'm guessing you'll find this thread; so welcome to OR and great riding today.

Tim and Jacob, hop to see you guys out again soon.

How are you feeling on the CBR?

11 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

How are you feeling on the CBR?

Good. I like it a lot. My only complaint is that it's too good. It's too smooth. Too precise. Not enough character. 

Still an amazing bike, and the C-ABS is awesome.

2 hours ago, Blitz said:

Good. I like it a lot. My only complaint is that it's too good. It's too smooth. Too precise. Not enough character. 

Still an amazing bike, and the C-ABS is awesome.

I thought the character of that bike was precision :)

4 hours ago, Blitz said:

Route was 83 to 78 to 377 to 550 to 555 to 676 to 339 to 60 to 83 back north.

Thanks Blitz, Nice pic's. looks like the weather was dry for your group and fun was had by all.

4 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I thought the character of that bike was precision :)

That would be a good description. I mean, I've said it quite a few times since I picked it up from you. It is by far the best handling and most nimble bike I've ridden. And the suspension is excellent. I didn't know it was possible for a sport bike suspension to actually cushion road bumps and then become rigid when necessary. It's just great. And I love how the C-ABS settles the rear when hard braking into a corner, preventing the nose from diving. It's like I don't need the ABS for the lockup prevention. It's more useful for how it helps control the rear through the front hand brake.

But it's almost too perfect. I was loving the throaty growl of those Italian V-twins. I have a friend that has a Gen 2 Aprilia RSV with the Bol D'or paint scheme that is interested in a straight up trade. He is looking for a track bike. I'm going to check it out and see if it's something I want to do. It will be hard to get rid of, what I feel is, a perfect sport bike in favor of something that will inevitably have mechanical problems. But I do love those Aprilias. There's just something about them. Character.

Here's that photoshopped pic from yesterday guys. Enjoy!
http://imgur.com/BQ8dAAMBQ8dAAM.jpg

Edited by Blitz
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Thanks for the Photoshop job, but why don't you guys smile?  I was having a great time!

Because sport biking is very serious business.