Spring bike pic thread

Gixxus Christ!

22 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Brought the cb850 cammer jammer home today from storage. Damn this old bike is fast. I'm just excited for the season to begin so I figured I'd start a pic thread. 

IMG_20160322_154508232_HDR.jpg

Dude, that thing looks nasty, and fun as hell! 

10 minutes ago, RVTPilot said:

Dude, that thing looks nasty, and fun as hell! 

I spent a lot of time and money building the motor. It's not modern sport bike fast, but it pulls pretty damn hard. Gonna get it on a dyno this spring but I would guess it's putting at least 75 to the wheel. Sounds beastly too.

• Upvote 1

Open velocity stacks for intake and the megaphone I converted into a straight through glass pack. The shocks are tec brand, for a cb900 so they're an inch too tall but they're sprung nicely and have adjustable damping. Also has koso TNT gauge, custom paint, custom seat, and of course, built ass motor. 

1 minute ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Open velocity stacks for intake and the megaphone I converted into a straight through glass pack. The shocks are tec brand, for a cb900 so they're an inch too tall but they're sprung nicely and have adjustable damping. Also has koso TNT gauge, custom paint, custom seat, and of course, built ass motor. 

I bet it sounds fat and rowdy

That inch more in the rear probably gives it a bit sportier feel ( pending sag ).  Are the forks stock? 

Stock forks with a heavy duty brace and  fresh rebuild and overfilled for increased damping. The turn in is strange because the front wheel is huge. It starts out sluggish but once it tips it dives down pretty good. I'm used to the bandit, it turns in much quicker initially but is very linear in how it tips. 

Have you noticed any instability after raising your rear? I'm an inch and a half taller on the ass end on mine, and it gets the shimmies over 80mph now. I spent a lot of time with my suspension numbers and kinda figured that would happen. My steering damper allows me to ride through the shakes til about 95, but it gets 'danger close' to letting go at that point. I dropped it down to stock length just to try it out and all shakes went away. 

Nice bike though. I'm so tired of the carbon copy 750's, it's nice to see something else. Hopefully I'll get to see it at the NEO meet and greet.

Chatted with a guy in Cali many years ago online who'd built an old CBX1100 6er.  And iirc, he cut like 60 pounds out of it, CBR F2(?) shortened front end with a custom triple that brought the rake in, CBR wheels/brakes, cant remember the shock setup.  Anyway, spent thousands on it just to cut up the local canyons and Mullholland on something different.   This isn't his, but it was very close to this cafe...

tumblr_nv5f38asjn1tc5pdro7_500.jpg

Love these old renno jobs.  "At home" engineering is always cool shit

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Brought the cb850 cammer jammer home today from storage. Damn this old bike is fast. I'm just excited for the season to begin so I figured I'd start a pic thread. 

I want to stroke it.

12 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Looks Great! Well done

4 hours ago, xVICIOUSx said:

Looks Great! Well done

Thank. I'm considering getting a different exhaust tho, this one sounds great but I don't like how it looks. Thinking an upswept canister would look better. Delvekic makes one that I really like for around $400.. Or carpy's makes a repop of the old yoshimura style. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, xVICIOUSx said:

Seriously casper, fix this shit.

Took her for the first real spirited ride of the year. I don't quite trust the aftermarket tach yet, always seems like it's reading lower than what the motor is doing. If it is accurate then I've been shifting right when the power comes on because it feels like I'm over revving the motor. Gonna dig out the stock unit, duct tape it somewhere and see if I can calibrate this thing.