Gap Hate Express group.

Tonik

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

My bike loves the twisties as much as yours does.  I promise Thursdays route will be epic, yea there is some slab.  But your bike does not want to miss 209 and 212. Now, your bike wants to go faster than mine can, I get that....so take off and rock and roll.  NP at all.

Haha problem for me is, I have no idea where I'm going. :bikefall:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

Haha problem for me is, I have no idea where I'm going. :bikefall:

Wednesday will be easy, our meet spot in Beckly is on 16.  Just follow the signs for 16 until it ends, turn left and the hotel is right there.

I will pull over both days as we get to the really epic parts and wave you speedy asshats past me also.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I'm following the big white short bus. If that means some highway, then so be it. I don't want to look at a map, a phone, a GPS...anything, all weekend. I may not even bring my damn phone. 

I'm following the big white short bus. 

ftfy

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Hey, I plan to slab to stay with the group haha. I know I wont like it but I'm gonna do it.

Sorta like the handies that you will be giving when you get down there. Oh wait..........They didn't tell you??  Never mind.   ?

• Upvote 1

Whats the problem with the slab Thursday, it's less than 40 miles. It's already 7 hours in the saddle and we need time at the museum.  I can certainly take the slab out if the collective wants but it seems like a decent way to get everything in.

But I have a comfy couch and cruise control, and a cup holder so I get it if we need to change it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Whats the problem with the slab Thursday, it's less than 40 miles. It's already 7 hours in the saddle and we need time at the museum.  I can certainly take the slab out if the collective wants but it seems like a decent way to get everything in.

But I have a comfy couch and cruise control, and a cup holder so I get it if we need to change it.

I thought people were talking about the first leg? I know I was lol.

5 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I thought people were talking about the first leg? I know I was lol.

Ohhhh, well that is pretty unavoidable unless we leave at like 6 AM.

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Ohhhh, well that is pretty unavoidable unless we leave at like 6 AM.

True. I will rely on my grit, determination, and preemptive ibuprofen to make it through that 4 hours of slab. And stretch breaks.

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

True. I will rely on my grit, determination, and preemptive ibuprofen to make it through that 4 hours of slab. And stretch breaks.

Even though I hate you I intend to take pity and stop often.  Even if it is just for 5 minutes at the rest area's.  cc @Isaac's Papa

We have two options on the way down.

Slab to Beckly all the way.  Tim and I leave 82/77 at 10 am.  Pick up IP in New Philly at 11 am.

Slab to Charleston, last hour on route 3 which is a very nice ride, but not epic twisties.  If we do that we leave 82/77 at 9:30 am and pick up IP at 10:30 am.

You two decide, I am cool either way.

41 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Even though I hate you I intend to take pity and stop often.  Even if it is just for 5 minutes at the rest area's.  cc @Isaac's Papa

We have two options on the way down.

Slab to Beckly all the way.  Tim and I leave 82/77 at 10 am.  Pick up IP in New Philly at 11 am.

Slab to Charleston, last hour on route 3 which is a very nice ride, but not epic twisties.  If we do that we leave 82/77 at 9:30 am and pick up IP at 10:30 am.

You two decide, I am cool either way.

I'm down to take the long way around... it's only a 30 min time differential in when we leave.

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Got a call from Ducati today, my bike is done. I will be picking it up tomorrow morning because it's supposed to rain in the afternoon. Supposed to rain sunday too @Tonik . 

When would you want to help with that install?

Well if you are picking it up in Akron in the morning, swing by on the way home makes sense to me.  It is sort of on the way.  Just text me an ETA in the morning.  I will PM you the address and phone number.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Tonik said:

Well if you are picking it up in Akron in the morning, swing by on the way home makes sense to me.  It is sort of on the way.  Just text me an ETA in the morning.  I will PM you the address and phone number.

Will do.

4 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Do whatever with the route. If I don't like it, I'll leave at the ass crack of dawn and two-lane it to Beckley. I'm easy like Sunday morning. 

Ok, then Tim and I leave cleveland at 9:30, see you at Sheetz in New Philly at 10:30 unless you get up at the crack ass of dawn and do your own thing.  Route looks like this:

https://goo.gl/maps/gK9mW7dcRQs

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Do we plan on hitting any toll roads on the way down? I may look into getting an EZ pass if thats the case. I hate fumbling with money at the booth.

Since we are taking the route 3 back road way from Charleston we will not hit any of the tolls in WV, or anywhere else on the way.

I have one, it is the only way to fly. Other than the one time the gate came back down on me and hit the windshield then my face. Then the toll bitch waddled out of her booth and yelled at me, that didn't end well for her. She got written up and suspended for a few days. I got a new windshield, helmet and pocketed the labor for the windshield install. Hit me really hard, the helmet kept me out of the hospital.

• Upvote 1

Going to have to spread them out over multiple days. I am old.  119 around Pikeville is actually pretty killer for a bit. Some of it is 4 lane, but it is in a giant valley, very scenic at times.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tonik said:

This isn't a bad way to take the slab out of the way home:

https://goo.gl/maps/CSukJoTubdz

10 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Damn. That's like..three blow-jays I owe you, now. ?

If you take that route home paul I might tag a along. I would just jump off 77 at Ravenswood and take 33 towards Lancaster.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Casper said:

I think Matt and I are going to encounter three tolls on 77 getting to Beckley. $2.00 each. 

If you get right on the bumper of someone with an ezpass you can get through before the gate goes back down.

• Upvote 2