Pirelli Diablo rear tire

Gump

Throw an Angle GT if you prefer to match, but super sticky sport/track tires are not as good on the road as Sport Touring type tires like PR4, T30, Angle GT, Road Smart.  You will not out ride any of the tires I mentioned unless you are going mach retard and even then I would be suprised.

Front and rear should be the same brand and model. They are usually designed to work together. I usually get the same rear until the fronts are ready to be replaced.

Also your riding style would be helpful to know.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mojocho said:

Front and rear should be the same brand and model. They are usually designed to work together. I usually get the same rear until the fronts are ready to be replaced.

Also your riding style would be helpful to know.

This is not always true.  Yes it is good practice to run the same brand and type of tire, but I know many people who run a sport front and sport touring rear with no problems.

The tires on it only say Perelli Diablo. Maybe first gen? 

I don't ride hard just think it should match the front and not suck. 

Thank you for the comments. 

1 hour ago, Gump said:

The tires on it only say Perelli Diablo. Maybe first gen? 

I don't ride hard just think it should match the front and not suck. 

Thank you for the comments. 

Pirelli hasn't made the 1st generation Diablos ("only say Pirelli Diablo") for a while. They were superseded with the Diablo Rosso in 2008. Maybe you should consider a new front too considering it's at least 8 years old.

I have a sporty tire (Pilot Power) on the front and a sport touring (Pilot Road2) on the rear.  Both made by Michelin and it's been a great combo so far!  Plus, I will still get two rear tires to one front.

Also, check that tire for dry rot or cracks being that old.  Usually the rubber is super hard too.  I would replace both as jschaf recommended above.

44th week 2011 on the front.

2nd week 2012 in the back. They don't say anything but Pirelli Diablo with a little pitch fork symbol. E300 is on both of them. Whatever that means. 

I ordered a Diablo Supersport tire for the back. 

Sorry for the misinformation. I had some diablos on my 600rr way back when so I googled "history Pirelli Diablo" & that's what I came up with. Maybe a new front next year then.

• Upvote 1