What sportbike should I get.

Tonik

Ahhh, the most hated segment in motorcycling, you'll love it. 

Under 500lbs, sport biased standard ergonomics, sportbike components and dirty bars is best for the roads I ride. 

Riders that understand how a street bike is supposed to work have started a trend that the manufacturers have picked up on. Lots of good choices these days. 

8 hours ago, Tonik said:

So we shouldn't expect you to enter the Tesla or Ban contest?

Naw.  It wouldn't be much fun for you to ban me anyway.  I'm an outsider on OR and barely in the same state, +/- a couple of miles.  It's WAY MORE FUN to ban your special peeps you know well and who post here daily.  I've got fewer than 1000 posts in over 7 years, so that works out to less 0.4 posts per day.  A 48 hour ban wouldn't cramp my style much.  Plus, I'll take my Grand Sport Vette convertible to the Tesla any day, even though that E-Beast would wax the Vette's ass in a heartbeat.  I would be happy to donate my points to whatever contest you decide to play, though, 'cause I totally respect the absolute authority of the mods here, unlike those asshats like @ScubaCinci et al....douchebags, the whole lot of 'em!!!

Edited by Bubba

8 hours ago, Bubba said:

Naw.  It wouldn't be much fun for you to ban me anyway.  I'm an outsider on OR and barely in the same state, +/- a couple of miles.  It's WAY MORE FUN to ban your special peeps you know well and who post here daily.  I've got fewer than 1000 posts in over 7 years, so that works out to less 0.4 posts per day.  A 48 hour ban wouldn't cramp my style much.  Plus, I'll take my Grand Sport Vette convertible to the Tesla any day, even though that E-Beast would wax the Vette's ass in a heartbeat.  I would be happy to donate my points to whatever contest you decide to play, though, 'cause I totally respect the absolute authority of the mods here, unlike those asshats like @ScubaCinci et al....douchebags, the whole lot of 'em!!!

I would take pretty much any Vette over the Tesla also.  I learned how to drive in a 66.  Mom sold that and bought a 74 right after. That thing was a rocket, I made a lot of money growing up in Detroit with that car.  It was a shame when she and I put it over (not thru) a fence and onto the 8th green of a a golf course one night.

• Upvote 1

I've had MANY sportbikes, but I can tell you that, so far , this new zx10 is the best of any I've ever ridden.

I passed on the h2 because I've ridden a heavily modded one, and while nice, not light enough for a true open class bike.

Edited by 330racing

I've come to the conclusion that weight has little impact on grip and corner speed.  Weight does affect some things like acceleration due to the lower hp/weight ratio.  Extra weight CAN also how change quickly you transition from left to right and right to left, but it's not the only factor.

I can ride my 590lb VFR at basically the same pace I rode my 425lb CBR.  Ultimately, I was a bit quicker on the CBR, but not by much...that probably has more to do with the amazing front end of the CBR rather than the weight difference.       

8 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

:lol:When are you going to bring that Katoom over for me to ride? You can ride the Tenere if you can reach the pedals :thefinger:

Joe: It ain't seat height that is the problem.  It's the weight up high.  Us old guys are frail...

You can ride the 990 any time you want.  Might make you hate the Big Ten, tho.  We need to get together for a romp in the NKY twisties.

Edited by Bubba

1 minute ago, Bubba said:

Oooo!!!  Hole in one?

It was spring time, we were buried so far in the mud we couldn't get the doors open.  Had to pop the T Top's off.  I stood on the hood while mom passed me the chinese food were trying to get home before it got cold, and our Manhattan's.  Didn't spill a drop.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Joe: It ain't seat height that is the problem.  It's the weight up high.  Us old guys are frail...

You can ride the 990 any time you want.  Might make you hate the Big Ten, tho.  We need to get together for a romp in the NKY twisties.

Less a poke at your stature and more at the mildness of the Tenere vs the 990 (hence the "pedals") :)

Definitely...I think I'm going to do some off-road riding this Sunday and I'm having a minor surgery next week that will put me out of riding commission for a few weeks while I wear a boot :(

Edited by ScubaCinci