IP Yammie Demo Day road trip.

Tonik

13 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

? Come down 28 like every other truck in the area. Have you been to Fontana, easy accsess 

Some pretty tight turns on that last little section of 28 before Fontana. 

Since today was a non-event due to the wonderful weather I plan on being at IP first thing tomorrow morning.  Say high if you see a  black and white Speed and Strength mesh jersey with combat boots and the Blue GSXS.  Not sure how many asshats and haters are still planning on making the trip.  Looks like it will be pretty toasty.  I'm not sure what I want to ride yet.  I may try a Raider.  I have only ridden sport and naked bikes so far.   

4 hours ago, Tonik said:

Nope, wont take it down. R6 was a freaking blast.

Narrowed your search down I guess, your back okay with that?  .... But.. But what about abs :D 

@MidgetTodd ur damn lucky to get to ride the fz10 in 28, demo ride can't get any better than this. 

Had to fetch my Mom from airport in Indy and then take her to fair today. So no demo day for me. Was dying to try an FJ09 as I am thinking of trading in the FZ07 for that or a Versys. 

3 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Narrowed your search down I guess, your back okay with that?  .... But.. But what about abs :D 

Back was fine, it fit like a glove.  Even my long ass legs felt fine, and at speed hardly any pressure on my arms. Just tightened up with my knees and stomach and I was comfy. Tracy, Derek, John and Brian had to be laughing their asses off as I got on and pulled out.  Took a few tries to figure out where the hell to put my feet.  Took a few more miles to get ok with basically going down the road head first with next to nothing in front of me. But very quickly it all felt very natural.

I don't think we have narrowed it down to an R6, but we certainly have narrowed it down to a more 'traditional' sport bike.  The FJR didn't do much for me, it is a great bike. Comfy, handles like a dream. But it didn't make me smile, it didn't grab me.  Every bike I have ever bought grabbed me really quickly. And honestly I didn't like the seating position. Kind of half sportbike half cruiser, it didn't fell natural at all to me.

18 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Back was fine, it fit like a glove.  Even my long ass legs felt fine, and at speed hardly any pressure on my arms. Just tightened up with my knees and stomach and I was comfy. Tracy, Derek, John and Brian had to be laughing their asses off as I got on and pulled out.  Took a few tries to figure out where the hell to put my feet.  Took a few more miles to get ok with basically going down the road head first with next to nothing in front of me. But very quickly it all felt very natural.

I don't think we have narrowed it down to an R6, but we certainly have narrowed it down to a more 'traditional' sport bike.  The FJR didn't do much for me, it is a great bike. Comfy, handles like a dream. But it didn't make me smile, it didn't grab me.  Every bike I have ever bought grabbed me really quickly. And honestly I didn't like the seating position. Kind of half sportbike half cruiser, it didn't fell natural at all to me.

i dont own a gun , but i will buy/borrow/steal one and shoot @DerekClouser if he didnt take a picture of you on the R6 :D

this brings us down to what we talked last time we met, keep the couch since u guys feel like made for each other. And buy the real race beater bike for short term fun and even track duty :D

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

i dont own a gun , but i will buy/borrow/steal one and shoot @DerekClouser if he didnt take a picture of you on the R6 :D

this brings us down to what we talked last time we met, keep the couch since u guys feel like made for each other. And buy the real race beater bike for short term fun and even track duty :D

Oh there are pics. I think he intends to photoshop the hell out of it first. Yea, you nailed it. The path forward is much more clear now, keep the couch and add something pure sport to the garage.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Just wait...

If you were curious why @Tonik was so happy on the R6... He wheelied it in the parking lot.  He said he's never rode a sport bike before.  I call lies.  He almost got kicked off the demo for this!!! What a hooligan!!!

I got lots more pics coming.   :lol:

tonik%20wheelie%20jpgggggg_zpsvmqzhusz.j

• Upvote 3

So they had an FZ10 there but not available as a demo (if I'm reading the thread correctly)?

I really want to ride that things. The FZ1 was one of the best bikes ever. As I understand it from a few who bought one, they are a cross between the R1 and the second gen FZ1. Probably a little more aggressive in the seating than I'd like but I bet that motor is the shit.

@Tonik - I felt the same about the FJR...it just never called to me. Nice bike but no soul.

Edited by ScubaCinci