IP Yammie Demo Day road trip.

Tonik

Not looking for a long haul bike unless it is a full replacement for the couch. Going to look for that in the fjr. The second ride is to start finding a bike for plan b, which is general hooliganism if plan a fails.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

So do I ride the r6 or the fz 7 after the fjr? I am thinking the r6.

If there is xsr900 u might like it, lighter, upright, sportier, abs, tcs, slipper assist?, better susp than fz, seems like a good package 

• Upvote 1

You guys are supposed to narrow the list down, not make it bigger.

BTW, plan C is to get a beater track bike.  But then I would have to get a trailer, and then shoot myself.

35 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

If there is xsr900 u might like it, lighter, upright, sportier, abs, tcs, slipper assist?, better susp than fz, seems like a good package 

Doc I think I now know why you can't sleep the night before a ride. You stay up all night researching every bike out there don't you. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, durk said:

Doc I think I now know why you can't sleep the night before a ride. You stay up all night researching every bike out there don't you. 

Hahaha it's usually I can't sleep and then I end up reading about them to keep insomnia interesting 

2 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

You are welcome to take my GSX-R 1000 for a spin if you want...

I'm hesitant to put something I don't own through its paces :\ thanks though!

Turn comfy couch into a track bike, you could take donuts to a speed they've never seen before.

Just now, what said:

A project at work has turned into a shit show and I got a special call telling me I need to pick up their slack so no Friday Funday for me, sadly.

Damn Andy.  What do you do for a living?  You seem to have a challenging schedule!

On 7/19/2016 at 8:29 PM, NinjaDoc said:

I liked the XSR900 when I rode it.  The only ready why I didn't get one is because they are popular right now and the dealers weren't motivated to move inventory.   I ended up with the Suzuki for a few bucks less.

On July 19, 2016 at 7:50 PM, Tonik said:

Not looking for a long haul bike unless it is a full replacement for the couch. Going to look for that in the fjr. The second ride is to start finding a bike for plan b, which is general hooliganism if plan a fails.

http://romneycycles.com/b02cea80-5d7a-461d-83a7-c712725b467c

This looks to be a good deal. Advertised on cycle trader as out the door price. Don't think you would be happy with the fz07. Did not do much to excite me. A trunk and soft luggage and this would be a nice gap trip scoot. Can't make the trip Friday. Wife has plans for Saturday and I have many chores to get done on Friday. 

22 minutes ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

http://romneycycles.com/b02cea80-5d7a-461d-83a7-c712725b467c

This looks to be a good deal. Advertised on cycle trader as out the door price. Don't think you would be happy with the fz07. Did not do much to excite me. A trunk and soft luggage and this would be a nice gap trip scoot. Can't make the trip Friday. Wife has plans for Saturday and I have many chores to get done on Friday. 

If spec sheet and reviews are to be studied & believed,Don't go for the 750, it's considered a parts bin made up version. The 1000 is worth the extra money and 10x better bike on paper and reviews. 

+1 on Romney, always comes up top for good pricing on cycle trader 

Edited by NinjaDoc