Summer Olympics

All I keep hearing about the Olympics is Zika and the poor conditions there in between the ongoing saga of Trumpillary. I'll watch some if I have time but I have no compelling reason to tune in for anything specific although I know there are several athletes from the local area that are competing in swimming/diving. I guess that would be interesting.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Idiot said:

You may be the only person I've ever heard list track and field as a fav...

any particular event, or just all of them?

I ran track. 400m, 200m, 100m. All the relays. Long jumped and triple jumped (in Texas, pansy Ohio high schools didnt do the triple).

My dad still holds the 400m high hurdle record at Kent state. Actually he is now tied for the record: http://kentstatesports.com/news/2014/5/13/MTrack_0513142734.aspx

"Dunlap, a two time recipient of the MAC Track Athlete of the Week honor this season, took home first in the 400-meter hurdles Sat., May 10 at the Akron Campbell-Wright Open clocking in at 51.11. He tied the Kent State school record, which was set by Bill Dobbertin in 1980. His time of 51.11 ranks him first in the MAC, 10th in the NCAA East Region and 24th nationally. "

I mean I think its crazy awesome that some of these sprinters could get a speeding ticket in a school zone just by running LOL.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 2

An interesting visual & article about the Olympic history and the medal winners per country. Probably best viewed on a non-mobile platform.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/08/08/sports/olympics/history-olympic-dominance-charts.html?_r=0

Anyone know when the chick above is running...I'd tune in for that.

Since ive been working 3 am to 3 pm all week and going to bed early the wife has been filling me in as well as clips the next morning. She said something about a Men's beach volleyball match yesterday between US and Italy that was exciting.  

Edited by 2talltim

17 minutes ago, Idiot said:

Life would kinda suck as a weak fat person...  you wouldn't be able to move yourself

I get that, you're stronger that a skinny person due carrying weight around but did you train for a whole week before the olympics? 

14 hours ago, Idiot said:

Life would kinda suck as a weak fat person...  you wouldn't be able to move yourself

I get that, you're stronger than a skinny person due to carrying weight around but did you train for a whole week before the olympics? 

Fixed, no, not drunk, yet.

22 minutes ago, Gump said:

I get that, you're stronger than a skinny person due to carrying weight around but did you train for a whole week before the olympics? 

Fixed, no, not drunk, yet.

That woman could snap you in two like a twig.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Tonik said:

That woman could snap you in two like a twig.

Agree and there's some genetics going on there but really did she actually train a lot? If so, I find her physique fascinating.