Summer Olympics

Anyone else see the article that said each Gold medal winner will be responsible for $9,900 in taxes for each gold medal they won at the games? I understand some of these athletes are millionaires but there are many that are not... @Gump I think the rich people should have to pay for this! :challengeaccepted:

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, bowdog said:

Anyone else see the article that said each Gold medal winner will be responsible for $9,900 in taxes for each gold medal they won at the games? I understand some of these athletes are millionaires but there are many that are not... @Gump I think the rich people should have to pay for this! :challengeaccepted:

How is that true the gold medals are only worth around $560

Copy and Pasted.....

In fact, out of the 500 grams of metal, only 6 are 24-karat gold, which is used to plate the medal. The other 494 are sterling silver. (Silver medals contain 500 grams of sterling silver and are valued at about $320. Bronze are 475 grams of copper and 25 grams of zinc and are worth very little.)

So, at Monday morning prices of $43.21 for a gram of gold and 64 cents for a gram of silver, one of Phelps’ gold medals is worth about $260 in gold and another $300 in silver for a not-so-grand total of about $560. If you’d put all of Phelps’ medals together, you’d come up with only about $14,500, give or take.

Edited by Tonik

FFS stop believing the first article you click on, click a few more and find the whole truth. It's the internet, it is full of shit and when you parrot it then you are full of shit.

A US gold medal winner also gets 25K cash from the US Olympic Committee. That is what the taxes are for.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, bowdog said:

A rich person swayed a rich Olympic people comittee into thinking they need their fancy medals, then the rich person sold it to whoever's in charge of buying Olympic medals and they paid for it with taxes, I think, then people who won medals get taxed on it, while the rich person gets taxed on the profits but they can claim a lot of exemptions for labor to make the medal, so they can pay the person who made it. The athletes need to pay for it, all that running around playing games all day for free is BS.

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Did she train a lot? She's an Olympic power lifter coming home with jewelry. 

Are you still drunk? 

Sarah Robles was sanctioned by the International Weightlifting Federation for two years, until August 8, 2015, after WADA found her in-competition test at the Pan Am games positive for DHEA, testosterone and pregnanediol.

Cheating whore! this explains the odd physique.

30 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

How is that true the gold medals are only worth around $560

Copy and Pasted.....

In fact, out of the 500 grams of metal, only 6 are 24-karat gold, which is used to plate the medal. The other 494 are sterling silver. (Silver medals contain 500 grams of sterling silver and are valued at about $320. Bronze are 475 grams of copper and 25 grams of zinc and are worth very little.)

So, at Monday morning prices of $43.21 for a gram of gold and 64 cents for a gram of silver, one of Phelps’ gold medals is worth about $260 in gold and another $300 in silver for a not-so-grand total of about $560. If you’d put all of Phelps’ medals together, you’d come up with only about $14,500, give or take.

Article was in the USA today, I will post when i get back i have to head to a meeting.