Last minute 10th anniversary ideas? Help a bubby out!

max power

Lmao, @ last minute 10th anniversary ideas! You've had 10 F ing years to think about this. 10 is a big deal, congrats and I wish you luck on whatever you come up with.

Edit: it might be a good time to upgrade the ring!
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, bowdog said:

Check out the cabins in Hocking Hills.

Had a guys weekend last year and did this. It was a blast. Best part is we didnt pay for electricity so we ran the AC as cold as it went. That proved to be a mistake in the morning when I woke up and could see my breath and the vents were dripping with condensation hahaha. Good times.

56 minutes ago, M_Quick said:

Lmao, @ last minute 10th anniversary ideas! You've had 10 F ing years to think about this. 10 is a big deal, congrats and I wish you luck on whatever you come up with.

Edit: it might be a good time to upgrade the ring!

Ten years is supposed to be diamond isn't it?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Casper said:

Ten years is supposed to be diamond isn't it?

At least! :lol:that women has put up with him for 10 freaking years! she deserves at least a nice ring or a set of earrings!

Edited by bowdog

My wife never expects aything for any anniversary or hallmark holiday's or birthdays non of that crap. She see them a waste of time, money and resources. So anything I do on occasion is usually really special because flowers or any of the usual gifts my wife finds tacky and a waste.

• Upvote 2

O.K. Max Power...the perfect gift...VERY high impact, but it will take a lot of thought.Buy a decorative jar and some good quality paper,possibly different colors.Then sit down and think back at all the moments in your relationship that you know she will remember...a look at a child's birth,funny thoughts you share,things she does for you or food she makes that you love,just the everyday things you both remember.Write them all down on a list,hopefully you'll have 15 or more special rememberances.if you get a lot more just use the best 15 or so,you want to keep each one very special.Then tear out small pieces of paper and write each one on an individual piece and put them in the jar.

For the real topper....take one piece of paper and write a very special thought,put a small dab of glue on it and glue it to the bottom so it will be the last one opened.Of course,that diamond ring would be great for that last one.

kidnap large adult male of whatever flavor you like the most, restrain, blindfold, apply high dosage of PCP, release into large wooded area, tell him he has 5 minutes to run for his life and release.

equip assault rifle, shotgun, pistol, and large knife/machete.

night vision goggles optional.

then go to chi chi's and enjoy a fried ice cream, Olé!

3 hours ago, drc32-0 said:

O.K. Max Power...the perfect gift...VERY high impact, but it will take a lot of thought.Buy a decorative jar and some good quality paper,possibly different colors.Then sit down and think back at all the moments in your relationship that you know she will remember...a look at a child's birth,funny thoughts you share,things she does for you or food she makes that you love,just the everyday things you both remember.Write them all down on a list,hopefully you'll have 15 or more special rememberances.if you get a lot more just use the best 15 or so,you want to keep each one very special.Then tear out small pieces of paper and write each one on an individual piece and put them in the jar.

For the real topper....take one piece of paper and write a very special thought,put a small dab of glue on it and glue it to the bottom so it will be the last one opened.Of course,that diamond ring would be great for that last one.

You clearly have never met Shawn :lol:

• Upvote 1

We like to go to Downtown Indy....Hyatt Regency (room with an outside balcony), or the Marriott (free drinks and apps until 6 or something).  St Elmo's Steakhouse for dinner.  Walk around to all the breweries and shit.  You can also stay at the Crown Plaza at Union Station and stay in a train car.  They are really cool!

Edited by Ron505

Holly & I went to St Elmo'S during the final Indy Motogp . Team Suzuki was sitting at the next table over. They had great steaks, pleasant service & blow your head off shrimp cocktails. We stayed at the Alexander downtown. Top notch.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

The Yachtsmen at Disney World. I had the most perfectly prepared 28oz Porterhouse. 

Had the Strip at St Elmo's when I lived in Indy

I am really picky about high end steak.  I usually wind up cooking them myself.

Best at a restaurant was a double filet at Morton's in Vegas.

10 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

There's a steak place up the street from me that makes the best NY strip, period. I've eaten in a lot of high-end steak places all over the country too and theirs is consistently the best.

What place are you speaking of?  I've spent a lot of time in NE Cinci, and haven't ever found a great place.