Travel trailer license plate question?

Gump

50 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Yea, the post above is actually the easiest answer.  Take the title to the NC BMV and get a new title and plates. Well, stealing a plate is easier, but the above is safer.

I was afraid that's what I would legally need to do. NC rapes you on title transfers and plates. Be cheaper to gift it to a brother and let them get a plate but then that screws with the insurance that's on it. You should be able to get a trailer plate in Ohio without an Ohio drivers license if you own a house in that state.

NC is super picky about utility/boat trailers. No certificate of origin or title, even with a past registration from Ohio and u then have to go to the DMV office at the butt crack of dawn, get paperwork and a number, stamp that number on the trailer, make an appointment for the highway patrol to come inspect it at your house then they sign off on it. Then you go get a plate. 

23 minutes ago, Casper said:

Why'd you change your license to NC in the first place? 

Corporate attorney said to and I'm not really sure. made everything easier I guess. 

Edited by Gump

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Ok, drive back to Ohio.  Change your license to the other house here in Ohio.  Get a plate, drive back to NC and change the drivers license back.  That's all I got man. :lol:

Lol I tried the reverse of that, insurance companies freak out! Not a bad idea though. 

Edited by Gump

@Gump I'm no expert on the rules, but I think if you own property in OH and are a part-time resident, you can take a bill like Duke Energy, water, phone, county property tax receipt and use that as proof of residence vs your DL.  If you need to find out for sure before you go and try this, I've got a friend who domiciles in FL but lives here for 5 1/2 months and has mucho rolling stock with OH plates.  I can ask him...

Edited by Bubba

4 hours ago, Bubba said:

@Gump I'm no expert on the rules, but I think if you own property in OH and are a part-time resident, you can take a bill like Duke Energy, water, phone, county property tax receipt and use that as proof of residence vs your DL.  If you need to find out for sure before you go and try this, I've got a friend who domiciles in FL but lives here for 5 1/2 months and has mucho rolling stock with OH plates.  I can ask him...

I'd really appreciate if you could ask him. If it's not too much trouble. 

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Everybody give Bubba rep!  Dude just came through.

@Tonik Dude, yer seriously blowing your rep here.  What happened to cultivating the "Dome of Hate" you've assiduously acquired over the years?

You keep up this hugfest...it's gonna rain every day on your Fall trip!!!

But hey, thanks for sending the love, just so Casper can rain on my ONE SHINING MOMENT!!!

This is where I shout "You love me.  You REALLY DO love me."

BTW, what's a "down boat"???

Edited by Bubba

1 minute ago, Bubba said:

This is where I shout "You love me.  You REALLY DO love me."

Fuck no I hate you.  But I am man enough to recognize when a blind retarded squirrel accidentally finds a nut.

• Upvote 1