International Motorcycle Show - Cleveland

ScubaCinci

On 1/21/2017 at 11:47 AM, Isaac's Papa said:

Lyns is checking with the owner of Barmacy, in the valley. Good beer selection, decent food, nice place not filled with college twats. 

https://www.facebook.com/barmacybarandgrill

I would go back here, epically if the same bartender is there.

On 1/21/2017 at 11:47 AM, Isaac's Papa said:

Lyns is checking with the owner of Barmacy, in the valley. Good beer selection, decent food, nice place not filled with college twats. 

https://www.facebook.com/barmacybarandgrill

Ahh college twats, I recall them being quite pleasant. 

• Upvote 2

Everything about the show is getting smaller and less relevant today. There are new owners of the show and it seems like that they are not in tune with the industry.  Looks like they are just looking to make a buck and quickly.  Don’t see any clubs presence in their list of exhibitors.  I don’t give the show much of a chance of continuing many more years if they keep their present policies in place.  Fewer exhibitors and fewer attendees will increase the cost for all concerned.

Wow, if it weren't for it being in the middle of winter and me wanting to be around motorcycles, I probably wouldnt even go, dang that looks weak.

On various forms of social media, I've seen tons more vendors showing up in other locations.

Hell N2 had a booth in the last location I believe. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Think so, it was at PITT and the rider is/was a member here.

Was it this:

Not sure what the rider in front of the control rider was doing. He didn't signal for pit in. I didn't see any flags, and that's an acceleration zone onto the front straight at PIRC...

Also not sure what the CR was doing at all either. It didnt look like he was paying that close of attention to the rider in front of him.

Edited by TimTheAzn

So is anyone actually going to the show in the afternoon? My wife is taking her Dad to a movie and lunch as belated birthday present so I'm stuck with the girls. They like rolling in the stroller so the show might be an option for me to keep them happy

Just now, Bad324 said:

So is anyone actually going to the show in the afternoon? My wife is taking her Dad to a movie and lunch as belated birthday present so I'm stuck with the girls. They like rolling in the stroller so the show might be an option for me to keep them happy

We're thinking about it if others are going. We have a babysitter (grandparents) for the weekend. Otherwise we're going to do something local. 

2 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

He blamed the downed rider. 

It's up to the rider that is doing the passing to do so in a safe manner, while being courteous to the rider(s) being passed. That's Novice/Intermediate/Advanced track day etiquette. People in advanced may make some harder passes but to be in advanced, that's one of the things the riders should be more comfortable with.

That's I group and I really couldn't see how close they were to the next right hander but there's no passing on the inside in N or I with N2. From the footage I just watched, that CR was at fault.

1 hour ago, jschaf said:

They say that track is safer than street but I'm beginning to have my doubts. Only time I've been off thru no fault of my own was on the track. I think safety comes from riding with people you know & trust.

In general, considering all types of riders perhaps the track is safer.

But compared to our specialized, very skilled riding group that has ridden together for years... There's no way on earth the track is safer.   And its not even close.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Tonik said:

You're a good man, best wishes for the cat.

The $2000 vet bill killed my new motorcycle dreams for this summer >.> The little bastard better make it. 

Edited by what