Victory is done

max power

Was never my cup of tea... I liked the way the vision looked, but I'd have bought a wing instead... The rest of their products bored me. But then I was never their target market. 

Harley was their big bullseye, and the only Harley I really like is the livewire concept.

55 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I think Polaris' cruiser sales are growing, but Indian is cannibalizing Victory sales.  It's kind of odd to have 2 lines competing with each other in the same basic market. 

Yep. It's Lincoln and Mercury with bikes. 

23 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Sell it to Erik Buell?

I have to suspect they intend to use some of the technology, tooling and manufacturing capacity for Polaris's Indian brand. Indian still has a pretty limited model selection and I imagine small volume. The main reason for closing it is that the 2 directly compete, so I greatly doubt they would sell it.

Craig

On 1/9/2017 at 4:19 PM, Tpoppa said:

I think Polaris' cruiser sales are growing, but Indian is cannibalizing Victory sales.  It's kind of odd to have 2 lines competing with each other in the same basic market. 

It's not all that odd for some reason. different price points though.

So no more spare parts.

Obama's EPA rules to blame?