unOFFICIAL OR Spring Epic Ride 2017 - May 20, 2017

DerekClouser

I plan on being there again this year. Most likely be riding w helmet again, always a great time!! although it was a great pace w Dereks group last year, but we new those roads. This year will be new asphalt to get used to. Ill c u all there. B safe!

On 3/25/2017 at 4:55 PM, Scorpion-Ninja said:

I'm pretty sure I will be riding down solo again! (GF working like crazy hours with her job short staffed) Win for me! :)

Man May 20th cannot get here fast enuff! Ordered and received that MRA X-screen touring(clear) add-on. (Joe had one on his Yamaha during the October Deals Gap trip).

Cant wait to test it out. Soon as the temps warm up some and this damn rain stops!!!

New battery is sitting next to me waiting to go into the bike. Hopefully I get alot of riding time and miles in long before the Ohio ride comes, to see if that the problem with my bike comes back. Hopefully NOT! heh

I've joined several facebook riding groups and I'm overall trying to find more folks to ride with, maybe its only me coming down from Michigan, maybe more? heh

Have you heard of the MSTA club?  There's a sizeable group out of Michigan.  http://ridemsta.com/srblog/

I plan to attend their annual rally in Colorado Springs this summer.

On 3/27/2017 at 7:50 AM, Qman said:

Have you heard of the MSTA club?  There's a sizeable group out of Michigan.  http://ridemsta.com/srblog/

I plan to attend their annual rally in Colorado Springs this summer.

Yea I attended a meeting of theirs and afew of their Sunday morning breakfast group rides last year. Not quite able to attend any of their long distance trips. Cool folks though, just wish I could attend alot of their trips!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

Yea I attended a meeting of theirs and afew of their Sunday morning breakfast group rides last year. Not quite able to attend any of their long distance trips. Cool folks though, just wish I could attend alot of their trips!

Dave, hope to see you again soon.  May be that r1 might join you or the s1000 :) 

while in Michigan I also rode with msta couple times. Not many choice of good groups and hardly any roads up there 

Miss that v4 rumble in my life :( 

Edited by NinjaDoc

3 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Dave, hope to see you again soon.  May be that r1 might join you or the s1000 :) 

while in Michigan I also rode with msta couple times. Not many choice of good groups and hardly any roads up there 

I was there!  Syd always hosts a great event.  Sadly we missed it last year because we did the Horizons Unlimited meeting in North Carolina.  

4 minutes ago, Qman said:

I was there!  Syd always hosts a great event.  Sadly we missed it last year because we did the Horizons Unlimited meeting in North Carolina.  

Small world :) prolly we shook hands and intro as well, can't remember any names and faces now that it's almost 3 urs ago. 

17 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Small world :) prolly we shook hands and intro as well, can't remember any names and faces now that it's almost 3 urs ago. 

I would have been riding this:IMG_20150702_190805330_zpsewqriu42.jpg

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Nivin would have been the skinny, 7/11-brown guy with the biggest smile you've ever seen. You cannot miss him if you meet him. You only miss him after you meet him. ❤

Amazing guy. He walks on air. 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Nivin would have been the skinny, 7/11-brown guy with the biggest smile you've ever seen. You cannot miss him if you meet him. You only miss him after you meet him. ❤

:D you always kind to me, will hug and kiss on season opening ride pauly ❤ 

1 hour ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

He does not wear them. They reduce cornering clearance dramatically. He's a baller. 

hahahaha need the extra few mm clearance to keep up with oldies on torque mobiles 

On 3/28/2017 at 9:37 PM, NinjaDoc said:

Mike (R1 guy) has already told me he wont be able to attend this years Epic May ride! :(

S1000 rider? What person you talking about, I'm not sure what rider your talking about Niv?

Yea Michigan sucks in terms of "lots of twisty twisty roads", but makes up for it for Scenic things up north and many other places! My state is great for Cruiser Motorcycles! :(

Not really any good "Clubs" that would be the Ideal "fit" for me here in Michigan!

There are 3-4 Sport Touring types of clubs in here that are good and active, but I dont have the type of Job and lifestyle that fits with me being able to take a bunch of Epic long trips during each year, etc! Sportbike clubs here... A few that I know and knew of and was apart of have all gone belly-up for the most part.

MSTA :Michigan Squad.

Had some drama and something like 200-225 member QUIT, then formed their own new Club.

The "MSTR" aka Michigan Sport Touring Riders.  http://mstriders.com/

3 hours ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

Mike (R1 guy) has already told me he wont be able to attend this years Epic May ride! :(

S1000 rider? What person you talking about, I'm not sure what rider your talking about Niv?

Yea Michigan sucks in terms of "lots of twisty twisty roads", but makes up for it for Scenic things up north and many other places! My state is great for Cruiser Motorcycles! :(

Not really any good "Clubs" that would be the Ideal "fit" for me here in Michigan!

There are 3-4 Sport Touring types of clubs in here that are good and active, but I dont have the type of Job and lifestyle that fits with me being able to take a bunch of Epic long trips during each year, etc! Sportbike clubs here... A few that I know and knew of and was apart of have all gone belly-up for the most part.

MSTA :Michigan Squad.

Had some drama and something like 200-225 member QUIT, then formed their own new Club.

The "MSTR" aka Michigan Sport Touring Riders.  http://mstriders.com/

yea gret cat was my only hope to come along with you :)

s1000 i think his name was falminggemu something? him and buffalojim? guy on zx12 used to ride down to ohio once a year or something right

anyways it doesnt matter, wil have fun and hopefully i am free that weekend

Yea Greycat is busy doing family stuff each weekend for the month of May. Hes got a toyhauler now, fixed his YFZ-450 dirt bike, 4x4 atv to take his family camping n off-roading!

I dont think anyone else from Michigan will be joining me down to the May epic ohio ride, but I'm hopeful.

Yea, hopefully you can make it out for the ride and we can ride some! :)

T-SHIRTS and HOODIES ARE OFFICIALLY ON SALE!

Epic Ride 2017 Spring Tshirts

https://teespring.com/epic-ride-spring-2017

Purchase your shirt/hoodie with the link above!

Campaign ends in 21 days,  April 24, 2017!! This should give enough time for printing/shipping.  

Edited by DerekClouser
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

T-SHIRTS and HOODIES ARE OFFICIALLY ON SALE!

Epic Ride 2017 Spring Tshirts

https://teespring.com/epic-ride-spring-2017

Purchase your shirt/hoodie with the link above!

Campaign ends in 21 days,  April 24, 2017!! This should give enough time for printing/shipping.  

So this may be a silly question, how does this work for the females? :dunno:

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Tonik said:

In @snot 's case she has both of @Hellmutt 's balls in her purse.  So the question is, how does this shirt work for Hellmutt.

Oh har har!  Only reason she keeps 'em is because I got sick of sitting on 'em all the time, you of all people should know how that feels, Mr Lowraisins.  Speaking of which, if balls are a requirement to wear this shirt....how can raisins qualify you to own one @Tonik?

6 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Oh har har!  Only reason she keeps 'em is because I got sick of sitting on 'em all the time, you of all people should know how that feels, Mr Lowraisins.  Speaking of which, if balls are a requirement to wear this shirt....how can raisins qualify you to own one @Tonik?

I make up for it with a really large dick. Or being one. Something like that.

• Upvote 1