Cleveland Browns - yet another facepalm move

cmh_sprint

All of you Browns fans really need to rise up and take control of that dumpster fire on Lake Erie.  Either that or round up every goat and chicken in Cuyahoga County an have a mass sacrifice to the football gods to give you a component owner and Front Office.

The responses are priceless. 

BTW, I really miss the old Browns / Steelers rivalry. 

I don't think you're looking at this right. 

The prevailing theory is that the Browns needed Brock's salary to hit the league min, and they wanted the 2nd round pick to deal for Jimmy G.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18865828/making-sense-unprecedented-brock-osweiler-trade-nfl

Edited by redkow97

The Browns are crap, and will be crap for a long time. But this move makes sense. They just flip him to another team as a backup and eat maybe 6 mil of his salary and get another draft pick.

So they upgraded 2 draft picks and get another for about 6 mil. They have tons of cap space, and a huge part of it must be spent this year or there are penalties.

However, they will use all the picks to draft alcoholics, pot heads and/or shitty players so it wont matter much.

• Upvote 1

And for the record, not a thing wrong with being a pot head, unless you are an NFL player because it will get you suspended. Don't think you should be suspended, but those are the current rules. Don't waste draft picks on people that will get suspended, unless you are the Browns.  In that case, carry on.

I'm still waiting for the news paper poll for Cleveland and it's surrounding suburbs residents to vote on who the first pick should be. That way we cant blame the front office for a bad move and if it works out than even better... Having the people vote cant be any worse than what the Brown's front office is thinking of using that first round pick for anyways.

I remember voting on the logo for the Houston Texans when they started (I was living in Houston at the time.)

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Bad contract + a big surge in this years salary cap.

Surge didn't matter in this case. Browns still would have had 90+ million available for 2017-2018

To make things even better, when they cut RGIII they will only have taken on an additional 8-9 million on their cap 

Edited by Bad324

We should just all stop paying our electric bill until first energy pulls their name off the stadium. Anyway why is something like public utility with no free market competition advertising in a market they already own?

16 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

Anyway why is something like public utility with no free market competition advertising in a market they already own?

There is competition, you can switch electric suppliers just like you can switch gas suppliers. In fact, if you don't pay attention and depending on what city you live in...you might have been switched automatically.

Edited by Tonik

5 minutes ago, Tonik said:

There is competition, you can switch electric suppliers just like you can switch gas suppliers. In fact, if you don't pay attention and depending on what city you live in...you might have been switched automatically.

I pay $72 a month on budget for electric. And 38 a month budget gas  1500sqft condo. Summer temp inside is 74. Winter temp inside is 68. My wife pays attention to that shit

2 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

My wife pays attention to that shit

Mine too, that's the only reason I know about the other electric suppliers.

The one I mentioned is a scam, imnsho.  They get a local city to cut a deal with them. The deal is they mail everyone in the city, if you don't respond with a 'no' then you are automatically switched. And their rates are MUCH higher than First Energy.

I am currently hounding my city officials about dropping the deal since it is a total rip off. Trying to help the really old people that might not understand WTF is going on.

4 hours ago, Tonik said:

Mine too, that's the only reason I know about the other electric suppliers.

The one I mentioned is a scam, imnsho.  They get a local city to cut a deal with them. The deal is they mail everyone in the city, if you don't respond with a 'no' then you are automatically switched. And their rates are MUCH higher than First Energy.

I am currently hounding my city officials about dropping the deal since it is a total rip off. Trying to help the really old people that might not understand WTF is going on.

I got 1 of those letters here in the sticks. I responded no and it still switched. I haven't tried to deal with it yet because I'm more concerned about the spike in kilowatts used due to our heat pump taking a crap. Once I get the heat pump sorted out I'll tackle the supplier issue. 

Cleveland could buy draft pick from #1 to Mr. Irrelevant and still screw it up. The FO and ownership since the Browns returned has been appalling.  It's not even comical it's just sad. I truly miss the days when they could field a competitive team and the Steelers / Browns envoked emotion on both sides. 

Edited by cmh_sprint

Just as an FYI, I'm keeping track of all the haters.  Once the Browns become good again, none of you guys (haters) are allowed to be fans!!

They are making solid moves this offseason.  While they still won't be a playoff contender, our new coaching staff has us moving in the right direction. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

They are making solid moves this offseason.  While they still won't be a playoff contender, our new coaching staff has us moving in the right direction. 

Lol. Yea 1 and 15 is moving in the right direction 

6 minutes ago, Tonik said:

In fairness to Derek he did say this offseason. So maybe he means how they lost 4 starters the first day of free agency.

Wasn't that last years off season?

2 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Just as an FYI, I'm keeping track of all the haters.  Once the Browns become good again, none of you guys (haters) are allowed to be fans!!

Said every browns fan the last 18 years.  Yes the same thing over and over and over, for 18 years.  They can't hold onto players who want to play and hang on to locker room poison.  Maybe they will get lucky, but what I see is more of the same stupid moves.  We will know more after the draft.

And when did being critical of bone head moves mean you can not be a fan?

Edited by whaler

Letting Pryor walk for $8M does seem strange, but if no other team was willing to offer more, there's a reason. 

I am hesitant to support the Browns. I have many reasons not to. That said, this offseason could still go either way.