Tonik got a new one!

Tonik

Why do you need your mirrors to fold? Do you park street side that much? I get it, it's cool, just never seen the use of it. When I worked at a dealership, the Caddillac's had the mirrors turn down when in reverse. That was kinda nice to watch out for curb checks.

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yes (when I pressed my key fob.) My 2004 explorer also did that and turn on the puddle lights on the exterior. 

Yea, an M5. Super GAY.

Oh ffs every car in the world unlocks and turns on the lights when you press the fob you f'ing nitwit. I never have to touch my fob the whole time I drive it.

And FTFY.

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Oh ffs every car in the world unlocks and turns on the lights when you press the fob you f'ing nitwit. I never have to touch my fob the whole time I drive it.

And FTFY.

I touch my fob daily. Sometimes twice.

Obviously you've never driven an M5, perhaps any M car. While, I'm pretty sure you still would never buy one, you wouldn't be able to tell me they are not, awesome driving cars. I've driven 2016/2017 cars that still didn't have the same driver feel and quality as the 2001 I had.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I touch my fob daily. Sometimes twice.

Obviously you've never driven an M5, perhaps any M car. While, I'm pretty sure you still would never buy one, you wouldn't be able to tell me they are not, awesome driving cars. I've driven 2016/2017 cars that still didn't have the same driver feel and quality as the 2001 I had.

I don't like agreeing with Tim and he could not be more correct. I've driven 6 different models of BMW extensively and gotten test drives in 3 other ones. Hands down my favorite car manufacturer to drive for sure

As they've gotten newer they've become less drivers cars imo. My M5 had sport mode on or off and T/C on or off. That's it. No varying level of traction control, no launch control. Just those two buttons and a man pedal. Still, BMW's are still some of the best on the road feeling cars out there.

Of course I'm excluding anything to do with cost of ownership. Which can be higher but in my experience still not as high as Mercedes or Audi. :nono:

5 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

As they've gotten newer they've become less drivers cars imo. My M5 had sport mode on or off and T/C on or off. That's it. No varying level of traction control, no launch control. Just those two buttons and a man pedal. Still, BMW's are still some of the best on the road feeling cars out there.

Of course I'm excluding anything to do with cost of ownership. Which can be higher but in my experience still not as high as Mercedes or Audi. :nono:

I agree, when I was younger I had a 9 second SS.  But unless you knew how to seriously drive all you would do is wreck.  Now because my kid has a huge checkbook he can pull low 10's just by sitting there and mashing the pedal to the floor.

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I agree, when I was younger I had a 9 second SS.  But unless you knew how to seriously drive all you would do is wreck.  Now because my kid has a huge checkbook he can pull low 10's just by sitting there and mashing the pedal to the floor.

I miss drivers cars.

His tesla in insane mode will pull low 10s? Thats seriously quick...... like faster than me on my daytona quick.

Edited by TimTheAzn

13 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I've only owned M cars and cars with entire M car motor/drivetrains swapped over. I've had no issues.

I personally haven't owned any because I'm too cheap. My Mom and Step-dad however have owned all non M: 3 generations of 3 series, a 5 series, a 6 series an X5 and an X3 now. 0 problems with any of them.

Would have had an M6 in that collection but my stepdad passed away in March of 2014. He had plans that summer to finally get the M6 we got to borrow from the dealership for a day.

Just now, Bad324 said:

I personally haven't owned any because I'm too cheap. My Mom and Step-dad however have owned all non M: 3 generations of 3 series, a 5 series, a 6 series an X5 and an X3 now. 0 problems with any of them.

Would have had an M6 in that collection but my stepdad passed away in March of 2014. He had plans that summer to finally get the M6 we got to borrow from the dealership for a day.

lol of all the M cars, the M6. I did get a ride in a fast one once, but theyve never done anything for me visually. But then again I'm a sedan guy.

7 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

lol of all the M cars, the M6. I did get a ride in a fast one once, but theyve never done anything for me visually. But then again I'm a sedan guy.

Back in 08 I got impatient and cheap. That's how I ended up with my G35 instead of the LSB or AW E46 M3 I was after

Edited by Bad324

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Terrible choice...... not waiting for the LSB e46 M3.

Couldn't agree more. I kick myself to this day for not buying one. Then I kick myself again for not selling the VFR a year earlier to buy the one I found in Cuyahoga Falls

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tonik said:

:asshat: 's had 51 lbs in the tires FFS.  So I went through everything last night, fluids and so on, to make sure the rest was correct.

Dayum! There was a grease monkey at my local dealer that used to put MAX sidewall labeled pressure in everything that rolled through. Yea he didn't last too long there.

Just now, 2talltim said:

Dayum! There was a grease monkey at my local dealer that used to put MAX sidewall labeled pressure in everything that rolled through. Yea he didn't last too long there.

That was way the hell over max.

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

:asshat: 's had 51 lbs in the tires FFS.  So I went through everything last night, fluids and so on, to make sure the rest was correct.

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

@NinjaDoc seems to be having trouble finding music for the video that is gay enough for this thread.

got it, " careless whisper "

• Upvote 3