Sonik's maiden voyage. 7-22-17

Tonik

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I am not in the heavy bike category, so no...not afraid.  Just don't care. If you want to roll with the rest of us in the real group let me know when you beat Derek, you have to get past him before you can challenge me since his behind me. Way behind I might add.

If this is the criteria, I beat Derek. :lol:He blew a corner that I went through with ease...

33 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

Speed contests on a public road is a stupid fucking idea!

I agree, I like going quick and taking corners fast but never in competition anymore. Back when I was young dumb and in the Marine Corps we would run rediculous speeds and one time even after telling the person behind me that I would wait at the end of the road for him I looked in the mirror after taking a corner to see him off the side of the road. Luckily he saved it and got back on the road but I prefer never having to call medics and life flight flying in for one of my riding buddies just because we had to see who was king of the twisties that day. Of course it sounds like you all ride together a lot and are dam good riders. I just prefer riding my own ride and If that ride has me taking 25mph corners at 70 then so be it. But if my buddies are taking them faster they can wait for me or I'll finish the day by myself.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

whaaaat? wtf were you hooligans doing on sunday?

Eh... my front tire was completely trash.  I bent it in to the corner and lost the front... I recovered and instead of trying to smash it into the corner (which still was highly probable) I just took the easy path of the run off road in case the front didn't want to cooperate again. 

It was kind of funny actually because 3 or 4 peeps followed you. So there was a gap now where I couldn't see anyone behind me. Did everyone follow you? Or did I go the wrong way and 255 was a right turn there.....then I decided I was leading so no, I can go any way I want and it would be correct since I am the leader. So I just kept going.

Edited by Tonik

Just for the info for newer guyswho are not part of the clique-

all this hazing is just for time pass. Ride was in good pace safe manner following "the pace" these guys are just ribbing each other. Except for the one guy who shouldn't be riding in this group speed and roads all others were atgatt and just enjoying the ride. But he kept lvl head and survived and will definitely be a better rider if he keeps coming back. Some roads were real tricky and prolly not to be ridden on questionable tires. Ask me how I know, about a month ago I did 536 on pure 360 run around cords, not a shred of rubber let alone thread lol 

the last time I saw a questionable rider in one of the ride I put together, I was thinking at every stop whtr to talk to him and ask him to stay put and stay back. But thought what would he think , kept procrastinating and then he crashed real bad. I will never let it happen again. if I ever call a ride out and me or others have obvious doubts about a rider he will be talked to in private, Which I still don't feel comfortable doing. It's not because others are gods to riding or it's not because we are "uncrashsble" it's just we been there done that and have that "common sense of riding" which takes time and miles to build. Better to avoid the scenario which leaves him scarred and u feeling weight of guilt. 

And again to newer folks to forum, all this calling out and stuff is just pure fun. In an Actual ride there is no race among riders, better riders ride fast and ahead and wait for others. There is no illegal passing and fighting for corner position etc. Of course deep inside, almost all if not most active peeps here thinks they are faster and better, it's just part of our inner psych as flawed humans. We have our own thought process, I could be the fastest in this part of the world, only if my bike was latest tech, only if it had few more ponies, only if it was lighter, only if roads were smoother, only if I was more younger.  But the truth of the matter is almost all the frequent actual riders in this forum are great riders, atgatt and with lot of experience and "common ride sense" And as soon as ride starts they just stick to what they can do and do that best and try to improve every ride. There is always somebody faster than you in some situation, everybody has there favorite scenarios. And if those particular combination of situation comes along they ride the balls off and tires off. 

So with that big wall of nonsense, let's keep it real,  let's organize a race in 536  :D all we need is two "road closed" sign for north and south end lol 

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

So with that big wall of nonsense, let's keep it real,  let's organize a race in 536  :D all we need is two "road closed" sign for north and south end lol 

So I been thinking about that. I have a plan.

One person goes to the north end of the road.  Everyone else goes to the south end. With both ends covered with eyes there is very little chance a cop will get on that road without us seeing them, there are not many/any other ways in. So for the sake of explaining this I will be at the north end, and you will be at the south end with everyone else and you will be the 'Starter'.

You call me, and the first rider gets ready.  You stand to the side in front of him and get the phone by your mouth with one arm and the other arm in the air and you yell 'Go' at the same time you drop your arm.

I start the timer when I hear 'Go' and rider one goes on the arm drop.

Rider 1 will start with the timer at zero.

You wait 5 minutes and we do it again. At that point though since I have the timer I will warn you that 5 is coming up...then I yell 'Go' at the correct time in the phone and you arm drop on that.....

And so on.......As they get to me I write down the time they arrive at.  Obviously we would subtract 5 minutes from Rider 2's time, 10 minutes from Rider 3 and so on.

@Uncle Punk is not invited, he hates speed contests on public roads.

Edited by Tonik

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

So I been thinking about that. I have a plan.

One person goes to the north end of the road.  Everyone else goes to the south end. With both ends covered with eyes there is very little chance a cop will get on that road without us seeing them, there are not many/any other ways in. So for the sake of explaining this I will be at the north end, and you will be at the south end with everyone else and you will be the 'Starter'.

You call me, and the first rider gets ready.  You stand to the side in front of him and get the phone by your mouth with one arm and the other arm in the air and you yell 'Go' at the same time you drop your arm.

I start the timer when I hear 'Go' and rider one goes on the arm drop.

Rider 1 will start with the timer at zero.

You wait 5 minutes and we do it again.

Rider 2 starts with the timer at 5 minutes.

And so on.......As they get to me I write down the time they arrive at.  Obviously we would subtract 5 minutes from Rider 1's time, 10 minutes from Rider 2 and so on.

@Uncle Punk is not invited, he hates speed contests on public roads.

this is exactly why the big networks dont provide service in these locations :D  but if we ever find an alternative and are full on looney bin crazy to even think this is more than a joke, then i will be the guy at the north end keeping time while you guys race/  it looks cool not to ride and just do clerical work and time keeping in full race leathers and that too white in color with white boots. :D  

Edited by NinjaDoc