Sonik's maiden voyage. 7-22-17

Tonik

4 hours ago, Tonik said:

It was kind of funny actually because 3 or 4 peeps followed you.

You mean this turn? :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3RIrH_3TEsiamxDYjRIWGF4dmM (How do you embed a video?)

Yes, we were going far faster than we should've been in that first downpour. But my PR4s with <1k miles felt great, I don't know what Derek was complaining about. 

All things considered, I had an absolute blast on this ride, it was great meeting y'all. Worked on removing those silly acorn nuts from the bottoms of my footpegs and, apparently, the bottom of my rear brake lever. I wish I could ride roads like that every day instead of the vast checkerboard of NW Ohio. As if it needs repeating... Toledo sucks.

My boots are still wet.

Image24.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Whelan said:

(How do you embed a video?)

Post it on YouTube then link from there. The guy that owns this sight is pretty much a dumbass and stuff is usually broke. And yea, that was it.

Edited by Tonik

9 hours ago, Tonik said:

So I been thinking about that. I have a plan.

One person goes to the north end of the road.  Everyone else goes to the south end. With both ends covered with eyes there is very little chance a cop will get on that road without us seeing them, there are not many/any other ways in. So for the sake of explaining this I will be at the north end, and you will be at the south end with everyone else and you will be the 'Starter'.

You call me, and the first rider gets ready.  You stand to the side in front of him and get the phone by your mouth with one arm and the other arm in the air and you yell 'Go' at the same time you drop your arm.

I start the timer when I hear 'Go' and rider one goes on the arm drop.

Rider 1 will start with the timer at zero.

You wait 5 minutes and we do it again. At that point though since I have the timer I will warn you that 5 is coming up...then I yell 'Go' at the correct time in the phone and you arm drop on that.....

And so on.......As they get to me I write down the time they arrive at.  Obviously we would subtract 5 minutes from Rider 2's time, 10 minutes from Rider 3 and so on.

@Uncle Punk is not invited, he hates speed contests on public roads.

Some squids were doing this at the dragon a few years back....they had electronic lap timers setup at the beginning and end.  All the while the road was open to normal traffic.  Stupid.

27 minutes ago, Qman said:

Some squids were doing this at the dragon a few years back....they had electronic lap timers setup at the beginning and end.  All the while the road was open to normal traffic.  Stupid.

Sounds like a good time to me :dunno:

17 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

In a completely unrelated note, did anyone else's SENA fail?  Mine, @Whelan, Kyle's, Shorty's SENAs all failed from water. 

Mine almost always does in the rain, so I just don't use it anymore.  Plus, I hate talking to people. 

Edited by PhilD'oh!
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DerekClouser said:

In a completely unrelated note, did anyone else's SENA fail?  Mine, @Whelan, Kyle's, Shorty's SENAs all failed from water. 

I've got a 10S that doesn't seem to like water either.  It has always come back to life after it dries out for a while...so far.

2 hours ago, Qman said:

electronic lap timers setup at the beginning and end

That is a genius idea, we will do that. Much easier than my plan and more accurate. This is the kind of out of the box thinking we need to make this event a success. Thanks man!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

That is a genius idea, we will do that. Much easier than my plan and more accurate. This is the kind of out of the box thinking we need to make this event a success. Thanks man!!

Happy to help out my fellow OR brothers.  :cowshit:

I don't know what all this "timer" "stopwatch" business is. If you guys are racing....then RACE.

8 riders at the start line with a flag man. Checkered flag at the finish. First man alive across the finish line wins. Only sport bikes allowed. No less than 1000 CCs because this isn't that chump change 600 CC middleweight nonsense. I don't know why you all are even mentioning SENAs. No weak ass helmets allowed. And the same goes for gear. T-shirt and flip flops/ tennis shoes or go home. Last one across the finish line is sacrificed to the motorsport Gods.

You guys really need someone to organize this thing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Blitz said:

I don't know what all this "timer" "stopwatch" business is. If you guys are racing....then RACE.

8 riders at the start line with a flag man. Checkered flag at the finish. First man alive across the finish line wins. Only sport bikes allowed. No less than 1000 CCs because this isn't that chump change 600 CC middleweight nonsense. I don't know why you all are even mentioning SENAs. No weak ass helmets allowed. And the same goes for gear. T-shirt and flip flops/ tennis shoes or go home. Last one across the finish line is sacrificed to the motorsport Gods.

You guys really need someone to organize this thing.

So if the winner is the first and last person across the finish line, they get to be the sacrifice as well?