What is the best date for Skydiving?

zerocrash

What is the best date for Skydiving?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best date for Skydiving?

• Sunday June 8th
    • Sunday June 15th
    • Sunday June 29th
    • Any of those dates are fine
    • Some other date, those all suck

I went there last month, was a great time with a friend. When I went they only had 1 instructor so we had to go up seperately....which made a breif lull in jumping. That and when I took the dive, it was 22 Degrees outside......my face hurt! Other then that its easy and a great time. Show up, watch a video...spend 10 min signing your life away..basic instruction on what you do to exit the plane and GG!

I have video somewhere of my wife's first tandem jump somewhere. If I can find it I'll post it up. I don't have any of mine anymore I don't think though. Have never done a tandem, just 1 static and 11-12 assisted freefalls.

I have video somewhere of my wife's first tandem jump somewhere. If I can find it I'll post it up. I don't have any of mine anymore I don't think though. Have never done a tandem, just 1 static and 11-12 assisted freefalls.

what's the difference between tandem, static, & assisted?

I thought you aren't allowed to jump without the instructor tied to you without some type of license/training classes?

what's the difference between tandem, static, & assisted?

I thought you aren't allowed to jump without the instructor tied to you without some type of license/training classes?

Tandem = Having an instructor strapped to your back. ( a dude in your case)

Static = Having a 50-75 foot cord attached to you so that when you get a safe distance from the plane, your chute is pulled for you.

Assissted = Jumping with your own chute but an instructor goes out with you to make sure you don’t Fuck up. Sometimes they will hold you on exit until you get stable in the air. Then you wave them off when you are about to pull your chute.

Tandem = Having an instructor strapped to your back. ( a dude in your case)

Static = Having a 50-75 foot cord attached to you so that when you get a safe distance from the plane, your chute is pulled for you.

Assissted = Jumping with your own chute but an instructor goes out with you to make sure you don’t Fuck up. Sometimes they will hold you on exit until you get stable in the air. Then you wave them off when you are about to pull your chute.

Thanks!

What he said.

I'll add that static and assisted freefalls are generally done by those looking to get their licenses at some point. During each progressive jump you practice skills to move to the next. I've seen some people go through the 1st day course to do the static line just for fun though.There is a Tandem training method taught at a bunch of places also.

If you are going out to do it just once (or twice) just for fun though I think tandem is easily the best route. No real class time, just some instruction with the JM and off you go. You have someone strapped to you so you don't have to worry about a ton of stuff and get to just enjoy the trip with someone else at the controls basically.

If there is someone available I would recommend paying for a vid guy to get both stills and vid if you can.

• 3 weeks later...