What ESPN Didn't Show...

Sully

For the benefit of those who might not know, Maurice Clarrett did not run well at last week's NFL combine, where former college players show off their skills to NFL scouts. A good showing may increase a player's stock. A bad showing, well....you know.

Anyway, Clarrett posted unusually slow times for a running back in the 40-yard dash. He then decided not to participate in any other skills tests.

What confuses me though is why ESPN didn't emphasize exactly HOW SLOW Clarrett ran. I think the picture speaks a 1,000 words.

http://img208.exs.cx/img208/6261/cr5qn.th.png

And another funny pic...

http://img196.exs.cx/img196/9420/pic240099ap.th.jpg

I will be suprised if he gets drafted at all frankly. If I was a GM there is no way I would take a chance on him. He's got more baggage than an airline terminal, and he's proven that he is lazy, immature, and slow. What's the upside here?

that he's a beast of a running back, that can play injured and not whine about it. and i don't recall him being caught from behind too many times in college, might have just had a bad day at the combine, Gamespeed is MUCH different! and lets not forget that HE IS THE MAIN reason, along with Krenzel and our D, that our beloved BUCKEYES won the national championship! without him in the game against MIAMI there would be NO CHAMPIONSHIP, POINT BLANK! sorry, mo hall and lydel ross just didn't cut it! yes i know our defense kept us right there but without CLARRETT there to capitalise on offense it wouldn't have been close

IMHO

So what he's an immature dumbass that tried to scam his way to a little extra money while in college, like EVERYONE else that comes from poor/middle class doesn't! SURE i'll believe that

i've seen way worse players/people in the NFL so everyone stop bitching, let him do what he does and try to be a good ATHLETE!

Guest Ponyfreak
They won that championship two years ago. He has not played organized football in nearly 2 years. He is a "coulda' been", but is a "never will be", and it is all his fault.