rocket bike

Guest Ponyfreak

wow a solid fuel rocket attached to a bike... thats just ballzy.

Problem with a solid fuel rocket... you cant turn it off. It burns untill its gone.

One thing concerns me though... no flames??? Its almost like its not really burning anything... just some liquid or gas under pressure... kinda like the rocket pack.

Originally posted by sgtschulze:

I didn't see any ignition etc... was it really a rocket or some other type of fuel??

It was a rocket, but I don't think it was solid fuel. It looks like he has a cylindrical pressureized tank where the bike's enigne used to be. My bet would be on a simple liquid fueled rocket that probably runs on Hydrogen Peroxide. That would explain a lack of smoke at the back since solid fuel rockets ignite a solid fuel by shooting a flame down the center of the rocket. Most solid fuels I've seen don't burn clear like H2O2.

edit: some people talk like they know everything in the world, i'll let you all figure out whats wrong with this thread.

edit: looks like mallard cleared it up.

also remember rockets produce thrust, not torque.

Originally posted by Mallard:

My bet would be on a simple liquid fueled rocket that probably runs on Hydrogen Peroxide.

winar. THe same type of rocket used to propel Sammy Miller to the fastest 1/4 ET evar, 3.58@386mph.