30th Meet - Postponed

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vinny5oh

I just stumbled across this thread from the CSS board. I'll see if I can get some of my boys together and make it up. Sounds like a good time.

Don't get me started on who owns this state either. tongue.gif

Guest Dunc
Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Hey Dunc. Yeah, it's sounds like a lot of guys up here are amped at the prospect of mingling with you Cincy guys; I'm sure you know how it gets kind of boring racing the same people over and over and over every weekend. smile.gif

The roads up here are good. Granted, Columbus is the land of perpetual construction, so there's always a few work zones around. However, for the most part, the roads are good.

Our cruises usually take us around the outerbelt. It's normally four wide (and sometimes more) all the way around, which gives plenty of lanes to line up, and there are lots of straight-stretches along the way. In any event, in short, the cruises are normally always on the highways. However, at times, we'll cruise into downtown. We can cruise wherever you guys want - if you want to see downtown, we can cruise down there, if you don't, then we won't. Usually, we'll get on the highway, cruise to a destination several miles up along the outerbelt, pull over, discuss the events, and repeat the process.

It sounds like you guys we'll arrive up here sometime around 9ish. That's cool. But, the roads normally won't open up until well after 12am. (In fact, the roads don't really open up until after 3am.) So, while there's always the option of cruising whenever we want, there probably won't be any room for, um, showing your car's full potential ( smile.gif ) until much later. I think we'll be fine, though: we can hang out, eat, bullshit, etc. for a while, and then cruise.

Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Excellent, sounds great to me. I prefer the highway cruising 100%. Wouldn't mind going through downtown just to dick around and relax a bit from the highway stuff haha. I like leaving racing to the highway. graemlins/thumb.gif

Guest SteveGSX

As of right now, Cincinnati will be bringing a large group of street cars. I was also informed tonight that members from the stangbangers are coming up too.

Is this parking lot going to be large enough to hold 100+ cars?

Guest 1QWKEVO
if its not big enough there are a few other spots we can go to...we could go to Krogers but thats where all the ricers go...i will talk to the guys about this tonight and maybe we can come up with an alternate meeting spot!

Originally posted by buckeye:

John, Sam, or Linn Can I post this on the turbo dodge site for the local guys with the fast omnis and such?

Yeah, no problem.

Originally posted by SteveGSX:

Is this parking lot going to be large enough to hold 100+ cars?

Yup, it's big enough.

The problem is that, if too much rice shows up and people start acting stupid (e.g., squealing tires, etc.), then we'll be run out by Columbus PD. However, we always have alternate meeting spots, which are near to the Hooters, so, in the event that we do get run out (which, honestly, is likely, given that this meet will undoubtedly attract the rice), we'll just move to one of them. No biggie.

I don't want to "be that guy"...but if rain is in the forecast for that day do you guys want to do it the following weekend?

This is just like a fall back date so people know ahead of time, I just like planning extensively I guess haha. Plus I need 10 posts in 60 days tongue.gif

Originally posted by Dunc:

I don't want to "be that guy"...but if rain is in the forecast for that day do you guys want to do it the following weekend?

This is just like a fall back date so people know ahead of time, I just like planning extensively I guess haha. Plus I need 10 posts in 60 days tongue.gif

Good idea. Yeah, let's plan to meet the following weekend should the 30th get rained out.