Cold Air, suck my ass :) !

Rotarded1647545491

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Rotarded:

What you got that'll give my 82FWHP Saturn a good race??

Spent an hour under the 7 trying to figure out what I broke. The left rear is sitting 1 inch lower than the right. The power plant frame (connects the trans to the diff.) is all the way to the drivers side and touching the tunnel. The liquid filled diff. bushings are dripping wet, like they've blown. (Hmmm, why I couldn't control the wheel hop while burning out??)

I still can't find any cracks, bends, suspension, or any other visual damage. Thought now is that the difference in damage/sag to the diff bushings are throwing the whole rear end geometry off, thus the popping noise could be the CV or axle binding.

I couldn't be lucky enough not to have damaged the diff., could I???

Thats really friggen odd. I suppose if the driveshaft was WAY out of wack it could make noise (the U-joint binding) but I cant really see a working CV making any noise, it takes a lot to bind a CV joint.

Originally posted by COLD AIR:

Arnt you still trying to get out of the 15's

actually i had a 13.0x up at Norwalk early in the year...but that was before i had the fender wells cut out and what not...still no good for the car's potential.

i might be moving soon and i will probably be selling the car...i'm in way over my head with that stupid thing anyways.

Fastest I could find was:

*Ported-motor/stock twins/pump gas/18PSI*

-10.98 @ 122.9mph(ET streets)

Although I have heard of a 10.70 also.

FWIW, I was only running a PEAK of 1.03 bar (14.9 psi). I have the fuel to support a few psi more. graemlins/grin2.gif

Originally posted by Rotarded:

Fastest I could find was:

*Ported-motor/stock twins/pump gas/18PSI*

-10.98 @ 122.9mph(ET streets)

Although I have heard of a 10.70 also.

FWIW, I was only running a PEAK of 1.03 bar (14.9 psi). I have the fuel to support a few psi more. graemlins/grin2.gif

You're not too far off of that MPH.

You're running pump gas too correct?

Originally posted by Neo:

You're not too far off of that MPH.

You're running pump gas too correct?

I trapped the same 116 MPH as I did at Natty Trails running a 12.5 on street tires.

I was running 70% 94 octane and 30% 100 octane just for safety, knowing the temp was gonna drop 30 degrees by the time we were done. My boost controller worked flawlessly, seeing a high of 1.05 when the car was cool, to a low of 1.00 when hot-lapping.

I prolly lost a little bit of power on the rich side, as my tune is set conservatively for 10.6 across the board on 94 octane.

Originally posted by Doug:

what are you using for boost control these days Mike?

Greddy ProfecB specII

The first one I got was a factory fuck-up and was sent back, "tested", passed, and returned, and yet still didn't work. I've heard these can be hit and miss. If you can find a new/used Spec I, they seem to function well and have many loyal followers.

If I were to ever need another, I'd go with HKS (a few more $) or Blitz SBCiD (Big $$). The Apexi AVCR is good, but a bit on the complex side, and it uses the exact same actuator as the ProfecB specII .