Well, I went and did it again....

MrMeanGreen

Lol.

Firebird = low milage, doubles as a race car, wins car shows, doesn't see bad weather.

Blazer = hauling the fmaily around, and Tina's close to getting her license. That will be hers to drive, especially with having the kids all day.

Mustang = my daily driver that gets around 24mpg on the highway and isn't another Honda. The blazer gets 17.5 mpg mixed driving, see my point?

And for some reason, the recent ricer trend has driven the prices on your run-of-the-mill imports like Hondas and Acuras through the roof. I paid $2k for this Mustang. Go check around for early 90s Honda prices, you're looking at $3-4k to start because every swingin' dick ricer or high-schooler thinks a fart pipe and some lowering springs make the car JDM yo and worth three times it's going price. Not to mention, now everyone wants to join the trend and buy an import to "mod", whic in turn drives up the demand and the price. Capitalism at it's best.

That being said, I'm very happy with my purchase and think it's a helluva deal for what it's worth. I've already had several sell/trade offers and I haven't even gotten the damned thing into Ohio yet tongue.gif

Originally posted by Matt Sterbator:

I've already had several sell/trade offers and I haven't even gotten the damned thing into Ohio yet tongue.gif

Get used to that. I've had many people ask if my '86 is for sale, through e-mail, PM's, and even while I'm out driving it. smile.gif If it's a clean Fox Body, people take notice... :cool:

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

dave is just jealous cause you have 3 cars that run and he doesn't have one that does the same thing

wrong answer...

I have one beater and one project, but we can't expect someone who hides in the basement all day to keep up with current events.

and the way you drive Ant that thing will be lucky to see 12mpg anywhere.... ever

Originally posted by Jon:

I'm just saying that MOST people when they try to get a daily driver they look for a car get good gas mileage. What's a 5.0 fox body get.. 20ish? With the way gas prices are now I'd rather have something that gets over 30.

if he can afford the gas $ then more power to him lol. but no i dont think a 302 can get 20mpg unless it has a 5 spd and were talking freeway miles all my chevy v8s ive had got less than 15. most were built a litle geting 8-10 mpg. its the price u pay for having twice the displacement as ricers hehe

Dave, it's called cruise control. It's 24.5 miles directly around 270 to work, big speed trap. I'll get good gas milage smile.gif

Andrew, right to here. It'll get a CAI, exhaust, and ignition. That's it for mods. Later down the road, maybe some suspension shit to help it handle better.

Damn my V6 gets about 12-13 around base which is where I only drive it. The few highway trips I've taken though it got about 25-26.

Nice car Ant, but it looks like someone peed on it, you are gonna paint it right? I am thinking Sonic Blue?