Supra Problem Solved, take a guess as to the cause?

Guest 00Smurf

Guest 00Smurf

So tonight joel and i. got the supra to run smooth, till the knock sensor broke off. but neway anyone care to take a guess(it must be specific) as to what the problem was all along. It was idling rough and spewing black smoke.

HAve fun with the guessing.

Guest mudbutt

I like to spend time looking for small leaks, when there are whole hoses off of things. I rule. for the record, the cps was really off a tooth.

[ 07. September 2004, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Mud Butt ]

Originally posted by Doug:

check all the clamps. I left the one thats right on the turbo outlet loose and was causing me all kinds off problems till I remembered I had forgotten to tighten it.

It would explain your bad idle, smoke/bogging, and your no boost problems.

that turbo outlet? smile.gif

Guest mudbutt
STFU. My ego is forever crushed. DAMN YOU! smile.gif .....yes, that turbo outlet. The clamp wasnt a problem so much as the hose not even being completely on the turbo. I checked the IC, upper, accordian, and fender pipes but managed to miss the actual leak.

Guest 00Smurf

that turbo outlet? smile.gif

yeah tht outlet. graemlins/slap.gif shoot me now. its bad enough we missed it but from what i understand the gentleman i bought it off of had like 3 other mechanics look at it. and he still couldnt get it to run. he bought it for 2,000, put 400 in prts into it, couldnt get it to run, so i snagged it for 1250. hehee

But he didnt have joel to help him. I was blessed. :D

rain finnaly fucking quit so i change the plugs and oil now.

Guest 00Smurf

ok so how does it run now? Making good boost? Thats funny that the other guy spent so much money and it was such a small problem. Glad you at least got it fiexed smile.gif

its running nice now. a lil rich but it needs tuned. and the spark plugs checked. It was funny cause after we fixed the timing, tps and boost leak. one of the rear knock sensor was rusted so it broke off. tht was a pita to change. 2 hours of screaming and throwing things. after tht there was an oil pressure loss. so i changed the oil and thts gone away. and the next thign to crop up was the lower rad hoses werent clamped tight enough so it leaked alot. once i re clamped em it was fine. atm i am contemplating spark plug replacement, while i scrub all the grime from the interior.

Yeah the type of spark plugs make a difference. Like supras usually run like crap on Bosch plugs. Get some NGK plugs and wires.

i picked up autolite 3923's platnium.