Detailing your Car

Shinobi

Question:

What do you guys use when detailing your car? I have them armoral (sp ck), wipe that I have been using. I can't seem to get all the streaks to line up! :rolleyes: That and finger prints. I am thinking that maybe the wipes are not a good way to go?

Other than that, I am planning on picking up some of this spray on wash. My buddy bought some of that and it looked really good on his car.

So what kind of products do you guys use?

- Shinobi

I do not wax, only polish, but my car is mostly a show car. Meguairs has the best priced stuff, the spray and go is great for touch up but would probably not be the best for a whole car application. Remember, back and forth when waxing, not circles to keep those swirl marks away.

Really? So how do you wax your car? Wipe on was straight across from the left and removed from the right?

I was thinking of using Meguairs spary and go and thought about maybe their wax. I have never waxed a car before, and mine could probably use it. Just want to give it that "bling" look smile.gif

For my car I use a non-water emulsifier, which is something like the spray and go stuff, it takes off small bits of dirt. I then use meguairs pure polish (7) and sometimes I use a little bit of the scratchX. I place them directly onto the car and rub back and forth, then take another towel and wipe off. The more you do the better it looks. The big thing that can and does go wrong is that the towels get dirt on them, and going in circles will swirl the dirt around. Make sure to have plenty of layers on towel between you and the paint so that there is more even pressure. Finally, once the car is done, you will notice dust on it, especially if it dark. Do you garage the car? If not I would recommend a car cover, only about $40 and it keeps the car much better.

I don't garage the car, because I don't have one. Doh! I need a garage, either an apt with one or a house. For my possible "project car" venture, my fater has some space to use.

I will take a look in to a car cover. That could be super helpfull in horrid weather. When you detail your car, do you use micro-fiber towels?

The micro-fibers are great, but only use them at the very last. They do not do a very good job of taking stuff off, use terry towel or flannel for waxing or polishing. One thing I forgot to mention, the wax will protect, but the polish will make the car "shine"