Question about Ohio law

DeathSandwich

Guest GSRchick714

I don't know any codes but I know its illegal and I also have met like 80 bajillion people from Michigan that refuse to use their turn signal while changing lanes because "I'M NOT TURNING!"...stupid freaks!

And yes, its also illegal to change lanes while in an intersection...I don't know why I remember that specific law

Guest killakwin

ok, I was wrong. I am the guy chris was talking about. I guess that goes to show you shouldn't believe everything you hear. . . Chris is *** Winnar.

Refer to page 36 of Digest of Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws for exact wording. . .

To set the record striaght: I DO use my signal when changing lanes when others are around. No cars, no signals.

Originally posted by IgNoReNt1:

No cars, no signals.

.... how can you ever be 100% sure there are no cars around you? i've come up on people before and it's taken them a minute or two to realize they need to get the f*ck out of my way.(people who stay in the left lane while they're not passing graemlins/doh.gif )

Guest racinbird
4511.39 Turning and Stop Signals - A driver must indicate his or her intention to turn, or move left or right, by signaling continuously at least one hundred feet prior to a turn. A signal is also required when bringing a vehicle to a stop or suddenly decreasing speed. smile.gif

Originally posted by 94whitegsr:

.... how can you ever be 100% sure there are no cars around you? i've come up on people before and it's taken them a minute or two to realize they need to get the f*ck out of my way.(people who stay in the left lane while they're not passing graemlins/doh.gif )

in more and more states they are creating laws against those kinds of drivers

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by 94whitegsr:

hrmm.. yes yes... i know and he knows that it's illegal to change lanes in an intersection... thank you for telling me that... i feel that if i asked how to cook a turkey on this forum, people would give me vanilla ice's discography....

It is also illegal to pass on a two lane without using a turn signal as a friend of mine found out and got ticketed for it.