LT1 Fellows, need your help

Nate1647545505

Originally posted by Desperado:

I am opening this back up. I dind't realize who it was that made to post and thought it was some fool asking a ricer type question. I need to stop forgetting to take my prozac, or upgrade to thorazine.

Try crack, it's great! No worries my friend.

I bought plugs it didn't work. I still haven't tried wire yet though. I need to get with you soon to scan it again. I got beat by another stang and that should not be happening at least not the ones I raced. I probably shouldn't be racing with 6* of KR though. Whens ur car gonna be done?

typically a shitty 60 foot if he was spinning allot will give you a higher MPH. Nate, you said that you know what your car is capible of..... so.... what is it capible of? is it faster than a 13.6?

oh, as far as a Z06 clutch, I'm almost possitive that he's full of shit now... a Z06 clutch is for an LS1 not LT1. You should tell him if he's gonna lie about his mods he should at least research them first tongue.gif

This car is a 6 speed appearently, and now he claims hes running a Z06 clutch? [/QB]
Hehe... ask him if he "upgraded" the transmission by moving it to the back of the car while he was in there. smile.gif

Originally posted by SlowZ06:

Hehe... ask him if he "upgraded" the transmission by moving it to the back of the car while he was in there. smile.gif

It's a common upgrade for 98+ f-bods. Doesnt require a rear mounted tranny either graemlins/trout.gif .. but I've never heard of one for an LT1 car :confused:

Guest mudbutt
Originally posted by Desperado:

I am opening this back up. I dind't realize who it was that made to post and thought it was some fool asking a ricer type question. I need to stop forgetting to take my prozac, or upgrade to thorazine.

Wow you go from locking every unkind thread to being an outright douche. WTF?

Originally posted by SamZman:

It's a common upgrade for 98+ f-bods. Doesnt require a rear mounted tranny either graemlins/trout.gif .. but I've never heard of one for an LT1 car :confused:

I know... that's what I was getting at. From what I understand about the clutch in an LT1 car, it would be a lot of trouble to retrofit a Z06 clutch when you could buy a better aftermarket piece cheaper. I was looking at a Z06 clutch setup for my 99 SS before I bought the Z.