Any of you wear glasses while you ride?

Trouble Maker

Just wondering. I had been looking for a pair of yellow glasses to ski with forever, but my eyes are pretty sensitive to wind, so they need to block the wind very well. I got an Iron Pony magazine the other day and saw that they carried quite a few glasses that you could get in yellow, designed for riding (I bought a helmet there a while ago for road courses). Wondering if any of you in here use glasses, which ones, and how well they do at speeds?

Note: I'm definitely not condoning wearing glasses, refer to Chris's post. If you have maybe worn them in the past, just wanting some opinions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15666&item=8196489799&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15666&item=8197176803&rd=1

or, like my dolomites:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2020&item=5203966605&rd=1

/\Those will be too dark for anything but daylight, though.

Get something that's actualy made to prevent snow blindness, mang. graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by The Stig:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15666&item=8196489799&rd=1

Get something that's actualy made to prevent snow blindness, mang. graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm not actually in any snowfall that often because I usually ski in Ohio. graemlins/thumbsdown.gif I've only ever been in a 'blinding' snow fall once. That would have sucked on a big hill, but we were just at Snow Trails so it wasn't a big deal. If I were in that much snow, I’d definitely be using my goggles anyways. Or if it's very cold, I'll probably wear my goggles too, as any wind hitting my eyes has a tendency to make them water, the colder it is, the worse it gets. But like I said, since we are in Ohio, a majority of the time I won't have to worry about that. I have a cheap pair of dark tinted glass that I ride with sometimes (when it's warmer and sunny out) and it just feels much less 'restrictive' than wearing goggles. I’d wear them a lot more often if they were yellow. I've always worn yellow goggles since I started skiing.

The yellow is mostly for the fact that I ski at night a lot, that's what I'm used to, and it enhances the contours on white surfaces (ie. anything that's covered with snow). Anything that's amber or 'black' is way too dark for most conditions I ski in, especially since I'm so used to the yellow. Them being designed for cold so they won't fog as easily is a good thing though. I really don't think that will be as big of a problem as it is with ski goggles though, as the back of the lenses is completely open, unlike goggles.

Those are a good suggestion though and I am looking for something similar to the first style. If thoes fit me well, they would be perfect for what I'm looking for. Do you know of anywhere locally that carries these? I'd love to go try on a pair before I buy next season. They would need to fit TIGHT up against my face.

Yeah, John. Just looking at the prices and pictures of what Iron Pony carries, they do look cheap.

[ 06. June 2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Trouble Maker ]

i got some sunglasses at the bike show in cleveland earlier this year. They have the foam to seal off your eyes. Cost me $10 and i love 'em. Dont even notice that i have them on. I like the wind in my face so i often ride with my shield open.Plus they provide extra shade on these sunny days.

i picked up a pair of those yellow glasses (not goggles at the iron poney last year. Was going to use them for night time riding, but i perfer clear instead.

How much are they selling them for, id let mine go for cheap, just need to ship them to you probably

no man, mine are sunglasses. you dont even notice the foam at all. plus the only way you can legally wear glasses and have the shield open is if they seal to your head. It makes them extremely comfy and nothing ever gets in your eyes.

Originally posted by Muthapucka:

plus the only way you can legally wear glasses and have the shield open is if they seal to your head.

whats you talkin bout?

for eye protection normal glasses work in the state of ohio, in indiana you dont even need eye protection.